Chapter 11

***phils pov***

We walked through the gates of the zoo altogether, first heading to the water tanks; you know, where all the fish are.

Maybe we'll see some Narwhals!

I started humming the Narwhal song, earning a confused look from Dan at my side.

I sang softly to the Narwhal song, and his face lit up as he joined me in singing.

Alyssa looked over at us and face-palmed, then said to everybody around us in general "I don't know these people." and moving slightly away from us.

Me and Dan laughed and I reached out and tugged her arm to pull her towards us, and as my hand made contact with her wrist, I felt Dan's arm snake around my waist and pull me into his side.

I smiled, and put my arm around Alyssa's shoulders, knowing she would take it in a friendly manner.

Dan, on the other hand, reached over and turned my head to face his, before leaning in and kissing me sweetly, but his hand gripped my cheek possessively.

He pulled back and let go.

haha, wow

Yep, he's jealous.

I pulled my hand from Alyssa's shoulder and scratched my neck. I'm sure she noticed that; I looked over at her and found her face had reddened.

I looked back at Dan and found him looking at me.

Wow, I couldn't even do so much as look in her direction without him being suspicious.

Well I don't blame him, I mean I am hot.

Oh right, the narwhals!

"Guys let's go see the narwhals!"

"I don't think there's narwhals at the zoo, sorry to burst your bubble." Said Alyssa, and Dan nodded.

"Let's go find the lions then?" Dan and Alyssa agreed, leaving me smiling.

***dan's pov***

Phil is mine. Not Alyssa's, and not anybody else's but mine.

This is why I try not to get attached to people. As soon as I open up to them, they run away screaming and never come back.

Who am I kidding, Phil would never. He's going to stay with me for a long time, because he needs me just as much as I need him.

I scoffed at myself.

As if.

We walked to the lions, Phil pulling me and Lys through the zoo.

He must really like lions.

We reached them and Phil let go of Alyssa's wrist - phew - before letting go of my hand and running to sit on the ledge.

Then, I watched as his blue eyes widened and he began to reach his hand out towards the bar of the cage.

Then I looked past the bars and saw a lion approaching Phil; was is just me, or did that lion look really hungry.

I ran over to the ledge where Phil was and snatched his hand away from the cage just before he stuck his hand in.

"Phil, what are you doing?!" I asked, still clutching at his wrist as Alyssa caught up with us.

"No, it's okay. Look." He said, then he grabbed my hand, taking it in his and reaching them out towards the cage again.

Our hands overlapped the bars, and the lion started coming towards us again.