Chapter 14

***Dan's pov***

I don't want to do this, but I need Phil, and he needs me.

Alyssa needs us.

I walked all the way to the bus stop as Phil had taken the car, (lol again they don't even have a car) and within minutes I was at the entrance to the hospital.

I took a deep breath and stepped inside.

I clenched my fists so hard that my nails dug into my hands and probably drew blood. I walked to the desk, and shakily asked where Alyssa's room was.

I was given directions by a very nice lady with no hair; she was bald.

It suited her. She must've done it for charity.

I thanked her by name, seeing as her name card read Emma.

I walked down the hall, and stopped at the door. My stomach squirmed.

Something felt wrong. Very wrong.

I took a shaky breath, and the atmosphere felt wrong.

I needed to know what was going wrong.

I turned the doorknob and there was Phil; Phil, and another person. My eyes burned.

Phil and Brenna pulled apart, Brenna smiling and Phil looked worried. Torn apart. Devastated.

They had just been kissing! He kissed her. Or she kissed him, but he kissed back!

I stumbled backwards as Phil rushed towards me.

"Don't touch me!" I hissed at him, and he too stumbled back.

I glanced over at Alyssa; thank goodness she wasn't awake.

"Dan, please, it's not what it looks like." He looked desperate.

I turned away and was about to run, but I was interrupted by a loud, beeping sound interrupting the steady one that had been playing out a couple seconds ago. I spun around and looked at the heart monitor. The line was flat. Doctors rushed in and I couldn't handle everything.

My feeling just piled up everywhere and I collapsed on the floor. Too much was happening.

My vision went black. The last thing I remember was Phil shouting my name, as Brenna ran out the door. Then he picked me up and everything got impossibly blacker.

and I was gone.

-----

SUPER SHORT CHAPTER BUT HOLY CRAP WODHEJAJSNE

oh my god I feel so terrible but I have SUCH a GOOD plot PLANNED out.