Chapter three

*PIRATE FROM SPONGEBOB VOICE: ARE YOU READY? I CANT HEAAAAR YOUUUUU*

The bell rang, and as always Dan shot up and began to walk out quickly, trying to avoid bullies.

Except this time, Phil was at his side, walking at the same pace as he was and not questioning it because- sadly -he knew why.

They reached Dan's locker, and he began quickly pulling things out.

Dan nodded at Phil, who nodded back, and began to walk off, but as usual was stopped by a hand on his shoulder and was turned around.

Phil hugged him briefly, only for a second so nobody would see and make fun of them.

He whispered "perfect" in Dan's ear before pulling away, turning and walking in the opposite direction without looking back.

Dan couldn't help but smile, even if he knew it wasn't true.

He continued on his way to his art class, without saying a word or making a sound.

*

Phil was waiting at the gate for Dan so they could walk together, because their houses were in the same direction, when he saw the girl; Alyssa?

She was lent up against a tree, her skateboard lying flat in front of her.

She was digging in her bag for something.

She sighed in frustration, and stood upright, managing to drop her bag and spill her items everywhere in the process.

Phil walked over, crouching and smiling at her as he began to help her pick up her belongings

*

Weird, I always seem to be meeting people this way

*

Phil finished gathering her stuff in a neat pile and handed them to her.

"Thank you" she smiled, then put them in her bag.

She stood up and slung her bag over her shoulder, and placed one foot on her skateboard.

"No problem, see you around maybe?"

"I don't see why not." She said with a smile, and she was off.

He watched her skate away until he felt a presence beside him and looked over at Dan.

"Ready to go?"

Dan just nodded, and they began walking.

They walked in silence most the way, until Phil noticed something; Dan's eyes were wide and his hand was clamped tight over his wrist.

Phil tried to read his expression but all he could see was layers and layers of anxiety and fear.

"Dan, are you alright?"

He didn't answer right away, he slowly pried his eyes away from his wrist and dragged them to my face, when he finally said "yep, I'm fine."

But he knew he wasn't. He knew all of Dan's nervous, afraid, and stressed habits already because he had already seen them all.

"No, Dan your not okay, I can tell."

"We've only known each other 2 days, and we've probably only even spent a sum of 3 hours together!! How could you possibly understand?"

"See? You just said understand; that means something is wrong, something that you think I can't understand."

Dan sighed and defeat, and upon noticing that they had stopped moving, he began to walk again.

"Please Dan, I just want to help you." Phil pleaded, catching up to Phil.

Dan turned and snapped.

"You seem to have it all figured out, right? Well why haven't you figured out that you can't help me yet? Just please, I understand you want to help; that's really sweet of you. But, you can't understand."

Phil realized Dan was probably scared of Phil's reaction to what he said, so he softened his expression and dropped his voice.

"Alright Dan, that's alright. But you'd be surprised at what I would understand." Phil practically whispered the last part and locked eyes with Dan. He then trailed his sight down Phil's shoulder, and to his wrist, with Dan following his gaze.

Phil looked back up and nodded, his expression showing only one this clearly.

Oh shit, Dan thought, He knows.

* * *

As soon as Dan shut his front door, he immediately broke down, leaning and slowly sliding down the length of the door until he hit the floor.

He wanted so badly to let Phil in, he really did; he was just scared.

He picked himself up and carried himself to his bedroom.

He carefully lied on his bed, as if any sudden movement would make him snap in half.

He continued to sob as a battle played out in his head; tell phil everything, or keep to himself.

He didn't sleep that night as he thought everything over, but he was okay with that because my the morning, he had made his decision; he was going to open up to Phil...he never really had somebody to comfort him when everybody wanted to just make him suffer, so he decided to give happiness a try; after all, it couldn't be too bad, right?

---------------------------------------------

I'm honestly surprised you guys even put up with this...I'm terrible :(

Anyway, hope you enjoyed IM SO SORRY ITS SHORT UGH SHOOT ME

Bye, my beautiful phriend!

Lyssa out

*gives you your favorite member of your favorite band for you to have as either your brother/sister, best friend, or boyfriend/girlfriend*