chapter 3

"Mine!"

°.°

"They kept their soft points open and unclenched. We easily dodged their hits, and I'm sure even a human can escape." I explain to their pack. Their Alpha had finally stopped the fight and explained what was happening. Anger is an understatement.

Their beta, who is apparently my mate, stood in the corner and looked as if he was fighting with his wolf as he stared at the ground with his arms crossed.

"Your pack is just as weak, killing these rogues will be as easy as walking." Jolian rubbed her arm and gave her a 'chill out' look. Knowing Dakoda, weak is something she doesn't fancy.

"Babies take time walking!" One person shouted.

"Yeah, cause you'd put babies in a pack war." Dakoda snapped sarcastically.

"You would know about weakness, you're an omega!" He spat.

Her pack growled, making Griol growl back. Ingrid was able to catch her before she could dive in and kill that person.

"Ranks aren't shit, I'll beat your ass blindfolded with one hand tied to my legs mother fucker!"

Jolian went in front and pushed her back, ignoring the growl she gave her. "I apologize for the disrespect my Gamma has caused-"

"Disrespect?" Dakoda snarled incredulously.

Jolian gave a side glare, "we're just very passionate about strength and agility." She chuckled nervously.

°.°

"Being in human form just makes it easier for them to kill us!" A female exclaimed.

"That is why we're here. We're going to teach you to defend yourself in wolf and human form." Jolian explained.

"That's a death wish!" Another piped in.

Dakoda growled but Ingrid, the Beta, held his arm out, stopping her from going any further. "Dakoda here has trained our pack for months the same way we're going to train yours." Jolian can sense the dangerous vibe behind her. Her pack hated disrespect, especially Dakoda.

"This is bullshit, you're going to get us killed!" Dakoda's eyes snapped from the crowd and to her mate.

Jolian turned as well, "Beta, we're going to make your pack stronger-"

"you called us, if you have a problem I can show you just how weak you are." Dakoda's voice was dangerously calm. Jolian should've known better than to let her best friend so close to the other pack, Koda gets riled up so easily.

"Dakoda." She warned. From behind she heard her pack growling lowly, earning growls from the other pack.

Turning around she put on her Alpha voice and spoke in their native tongue, "if you don't calm down we will loose another alli pack." They visibly flinched from her tone and bowed their heads respectfully, including Dakoda.

"I apologize for any disrespect," she ignored the barely audible growl from Dakoda and linked their arms. Narrowing her eyes at the Beta on the corner who growled possessively.

"Now if you would be so kind, Alpha Chris, to show us where we will be staying." She asked in a calm sweet voice and glared when Dakoda was about to protest.

Alpha Chris smiled and gestured for them to follow.

°.°

Everyone sat in amusement as Dakoda walked back and forth while another pack member holding tightly to her leg. She still walked angrily with ease.

"Out of all people, billions of people in the world, I have to be mated to the most insensitive, arrogant, asshole of a Beta! I've read his files!" Ingrid joined and clutched to her other leg, she still walked with ease but had to spread her legs wide.

"The audacity that pack had to disrespect us, we're the help!" After that she talked in their native tongue.

One by one everyone jumped onto her, she still tried to walk but fell from the weight.

"No, release me! I refuse to accept any affection- ACK!" Everyone was now hugging each other, all on top of poor Dakoda.

Jolian chuckled and stood up, throwing herself onto the pile earning numerous obnoxious laughs that boomed and vibrated the walls.

"Alright, alright! Let the girl breathe." A member shouted.

As everyone got off, Koda couldn't help the heat boiling through her veins, and not the good kind.

They helped each other up, when Dakoda was finally pulled up she paused. A cramping pain erupted from her abdominal area, forcing her knees to buckle.

"Joli?"

Her best friend was instantly in front and helping her stand. Jolian placed her hands on either side Koda's face.

"Koda?" She watched as Dakoda's eyes widened in horror.

Dakoda knew what was happening, her father explained everything about mates. The mark, mating ritual, the pains when your other half is having sex.