chapter 5

°.° chapter five °.°

"You're my mate."

I scoffed and stared at him as if a pair of balls replaced his nose.

"I am not your mate, you have no right to bestow that title upon me after you've fucked another woman."

His eyes flashed with regret then instantly replaced with anger. "You're mine, Dakoda." He was in front of me in a flash with his hand cupping my cheek.

The audacity!

I push his arm away, "you're disgusting." I scoff again.

"Keep yourself to yourself! Touch me again and I'll have no hesitation in breaking your bones."

"I'm s-"

He was cut off by my humourless laugh, "no, you're absolutely not! I've felt what you felt and it was far from sorry. You decided to do it, you made that decision. If you knew you were going to regret it later on then why do it in the first place?" I turn and walk out the door, I have no time for this bullshit, I was assigned to train a pack and that's exactly what I'm going to fucking do.

"Dakoda," a strong hand grabbed my arm and pulled me back, spinning me until my back slammed against a wall.

"Get away from me." I snarled and flailed my arms and legs. He held my head in place with both hands cupping my cheeks.

He wouldn't!

As his face came closer, I forced my right leg up between him and kicked his jaw, sending him flying to the ground.

With balled fists I stomp over him and turn, leaning over as he cupped his jaw.

"I've never met someone so fucked up as you are!"

°.°

"Something must be wrong and fucking with the molecular structure of your brain, because leaving me alone with that fucked up man of a Beta has me convinced." I yell at Jolian. At this point I don't give a fuck that's she's my Alpha, I'm focusing on the best friend part because best friends wouldn't leave you with someone like that.

She was taken aback and placed her hands on my shoulders with her eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Woah, Koda what are you talking about?"

My fangs elongated when I growled at her and gripped her wrists, "I thought you'd have my back since you were there when I went through that pain!"

She growled back, "what the fuck are you talking about?"

"My mate was in there sleeping while holding my hand, he tried to kiss me after I walked away. He had the audacity to call me his."

She looked down, recalling a memory then looked back up, "I had other members of our pack with you, they weren't in there when you woke up?"

"Obviously fucking not!"

She growled and grabbed my arm, her claws elongating as she pulled me away from the crowd and out to the field. She mind linked those who were apparently supposed to be in the room with me until I woke up.

°.°

"Beta Zander had ordered us to leave and that he'll be watching over Dakoda."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jolian asked as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"He used the 'she's my mate' card."

"You guys know damn well I don't give a fuck about mates, I rather have my pack there instead." Dakoda sighs into the sudden hug Jolian pulled her into. The three other male members apologized and bowed in respect before being dismissed by Jolian.

Koda wanted to apologize for the outburst earlier, but it was hard for her to apologize. She either didn't know how or felt they didn't deserve her apology because she felt she wasn't worth it.

Feeling her discomfort, Jolian hugged her tightly, reassuringly and kissed the side of her head.

"It's okay, Koda. You're okay."

°.°

Dakoda was back to her normal self as if nothing ever happened. Apparently nobody has trained yet in respect for her so she made sure that the morning and the afternoon will be booked for training and training only.

For the disrespect on their first day here, she made a mental note that there will be absolutely no breaks.