chapter 24

Sorry, but I wanted to do this cause why not? Lol <3

I'm kidding 😜

"It was me who put him in the hospital." Jolian admitted to Alpha Chris as they sat in the hospital room where Zander was hooked up to machines. His arm and leg was broken in three different places, five ribs were broken and his body was covered in grotesque slashes and deep purple bruises.

Oscar stood protectively by her side comforting her, Alpha Chris no longer had any authority over him. He's fully mated with Jolian, making him the soon to he Alpha to Hulor.

"It looked like he was forcing himself on Dakoda." That was her reason for lashing out on Zander. But she immediately regretted it after it happened. Koda was already in pain and she knew Koda would feel the excruciating pain Zander was in.

Alpha Chris sighed and gave a pat on her shoulder. "It'll be alright Alpha Jolian, when he wakes up he will shift and be healed by tomorrow evening. As of right now, we need to find Dakoda, it's dangerous out there plus rogues were spotted near the border. I already have Gamma Evan and his patrol out looking for her."

She nods before her eyes glazed over for the fifth time but to no avail. She couldn't mind link her best friend and it pushed her to the edge knowing Koda was out there in a weak state.

She sighed after the seventh try, tears welding. Even Oscar's reassuring didn't work, it only calmed her down to think rationally.

Flora has fallen asleep in her father's arms.

Zander stirred in his sleep, his heart rate speeding up before his eyes snapped open. His sky blue eyes searched around in worry before settling on her.

"Where's Dakoda? Where's my mate?"

That made her blood boil. She stood abruptly and glared at him, the look had him bowing in respect.

"Now she's your mate?"

"Baby." Oscar soothed. But she shook out of his arms and grabbed Zander by his collar.

"Now she's your mate? Ever since we've been here she's been coming back to the house looking tired and stressed. Yes, she doesn't look like it but she is! She hides it so fucking well but we, her pack can see that she's hanging on at the end of the string! You, her mate of all people should know she's hurting. You can feel her emotions! For moon goddess' sake, you're the cause of her emotions! Now she's your mate? Why all of a sudden? She's out there in the forest, probably unstable because of you!" Her voice getting angrier towards the ending.

Alpha Chris walked out seeing that Flora stirred in his arms from Jolian's yelling.

"She has her reasons for not wanting a mate, what's your fucking excuse? Because she's too 'weak?' Because of her rank? I've told you before you selfish son of a bitch!"

"Jolian enough!" Oscar snapped.

But she didn't. "Why did you try to force her into that?" Jolian growled.

He watched her, his eyes swirling with confusion. He didn't know what she was talking about, he didn't force Dakoda into anything.

Before she could punch him Oscar caught her hand and wrapped his arms around her, preventing her from doing anything else. She growled in frustration. "You tried to force mate her!"

°.°

"No he didn't."

Three pairs of eyes snapped towards me. Jolian was in front of me in an instant.

"Are you okay?"

The sound of shuffling made us turn towards Zander. His wide eyes full of worry and regret as he stood by the bed. Before he could speak Jolian growled, shutting him up instantly.

I turn my attention to the other person in the room, "hey Oscar." Finally seeing how Joli's mate looked. Brown hair with grey eyes.

He nodded with a small smile, "hello Gamma Dakoda."

Then I turn to my mate, "hey Zander." His eyes went wide with shock then he sent a small warm smile.

"Hi." His voice sent shivers down my spine. Jolian growled softly then pulled me out the hospital room and back to our house.

What surprised me was that Gamma Evan was there, I thought he went in after he found me. When he saw me he stood up and rushed over, bracing me in a hug.

"Hey Gamma Evan, what are you doing?" I asked when we pulled apart. He glanced between Joli and I then sighed, giving in. His brown eyes filled with sadness.

"I saw. . everything that happened in the forest with Dakoda."

SO!

Team Evoda/Daven?

                            Or

    Team Zoda/Dander?

Yesssss I just did that huehuehueheueheue 😈

What did y'all think about Joli lashing out on Zander?

Onions n chocolate ice-cream!

Till next chapter y'all ✌