chapter 21

She didn't want to tell him. By the look on her face, Joli thought that if Evan didn't go, in a few second Koda would break down or break his face.

But Dakoda wasn't thinking that.

Joli stepped forward and wrapped an arm around Koda. "It's late, Dakoda is exhausted so I think it's best we all wait until tomorrow to discuss what happened." She felt her tense so she gave her a reassuring rub on her arm.

Evan wanted to say otherwise, but he held his tongue and nodded before looking at Dakoda. From what he's heard, from what he's seen, never did he think he'd see the strong, cold warrior look so. . weak. Her eyes were fresh from crying, and it made him feel great sadness. He wanted to comfort her, ask her what happened because even if he did watch and follow her through the woods, he didn't see what she saw.

He wanted to kiss her, if not on the lips then on the cheek or even the forehead but he knew it wouldn't be right. She obviously has so many emotions going on he couldn't add another. So he nodded, bowed to Jolian and left back to the pack house.

Jolian tried to walk her best friend back to her room but Dakoda had other ideas. She ransacked the kitchen and pulled out various bottles of alcohol.

"Dakoda, no don't do this-" Joli instantly shut her mouth when Dakoda looked up. She was crying, her eyes begged for this and even when Joli knew it was wrong, she took the bottle and opened it for her best friend. She'll keep an eye on her.

°.°

3am and I was still drinking. I've lost count of how much I've had.

She was observing me, how I've acted in the past two hours. She sat back, waiting for me to finish my pity party.

After finishing the last of the alcohol I wiped my lips on the sleeve of my shirt. Then lied back and smiled at her.

Joli sat up, her green eyes shone with unshed tears. She took a deep breath, "what happened?"

My mind put images of the carnival. Flora looked so happy, she jumped around going on different rides with each of us, winning tons of prizes from the games and skipped away happily even if the carnies gave her the stink eye.

"I was so caught up in watching Flora having the time of her life, it made me happy seeing her happy and I forgot my mate had come along." A sharp pang stabbed at my heart as I talked about him.

"I didn't want to be near him so I walked away, trying to loose him in the crowd but it didn't work. He followed me to the parking lot- I didn't even know I was there until I shoved him into a car. We got into an argument again, which sooner turned into a fight. . for me."

"I kept punching at him, with every punch I gave it my full strength until he flipped me around and pinned me on the car. I can see why you thought he was forcing himself on me. . but he was just trying to calm me down."

"Then I saw his face. Zander wasn't there anymore, and. . at that moment all I wanted was Zander. Then he was suddenly pulled off by Flora. When I saw her I broke down, I know she isn't my sister but they are so alike in so many ways."

"Then it felt like I was getting beat up, when I looked to the side and saw you punching Zander I couldn't help but run away."

My emotions swarmed my mind and body as I talked about one important thing to another.

"When I was running, I saw him. Joli, it was her mate a-and it felt like I was reliving that night again. It felt so real, I felt her hands on my body, I felt the bullet go through and I felt him."

Flora's lifeless eyes flashed through my mind making tears fall freely. Joli stood up and pulled me in her arms. She was also crying, she knew everything about my past.

"I don't know if it's the mate bond or if I actually did want him. . he's all I just wanted. . but when I called for him, he didn't come but Gamma. . but Evan did."

"Evan, helped me back to the pack."

She hated that she was crying. Not because she thought it was a sign of weakness no, it was how weak she felt afterwards.

Bum bum baaaaaaaaaaaa!

I hope I'm not confusing you all, I'm trying to write the story without spoiling it all until the right chapter comes along.

Fish n syrup! Till next chapter y'all