Lucas/Fem!Reader .:Golden Patches:.

art from: well, from starmen.net >.>;

"Bayuummm," you gladly greeted, walking over broadly as your lips idle curled into a pleased smile.

"Oh?" A blonde boy began, his head barley lifting up before seeing your memorable face launch a loving smile towards his impressionable eyes.

"____!" He nearly screamed, shouting with much joy it made your heart spin, as you were not so used to being given much of a reaction when someone saw you arrive.

"Oh, ah..." Lucas soothingly released his arms that were warmly strung around your body, pointing at the gigantic patch of sunflowers that danced lightly in the tiny particles that plagued the wind.

"You found a bigger one this time, Lucki Luke!" You cheered as you swiftly dashed off to the field, feeling a light presence wish that you would slow down not to damage the most important thing he discovered.

"!!! W-wait-" he called, it would have been inaudible if you have gone farther, but his slight whine made you immediately abide by his request just by the ending shriek at the tip of his cry.

You did not abide for his voice you would never wish to crack.
Not by the face you would never want to forget.
Not by that smile...
But..

"Hm? Yes?" You clawed at your own heart to know what happened, puzzled as you turned to him, ready to take a step.

He stood silent as an old tree. So isolated to only wish one thing: don't step on it.

Before your weight could gear you to the demise of a certain flower, he swung underneath your foot diligintly not to tip you over, but not to rush in the matter of harming a product that he could not sacrafise if you had a simple scratch, but, either way he was able to not harm you in the process.

He shook his head as he welded away quietly from the fields of sunflowers as he sat down on the plain field with the item.

Instantly, you looked at the flower you believed was his discovery: it was bigger and appeared brighter than any other in the patch. One of his favorite type of flower to look at. One where you personally only liked because he did-- but deeper than that. Oh, you know.
"Lucas?" You began, flattening out your dress that went to your knees. You remember a gesture he always did when he tried to hide something or protect it. Now, it was very familiar to that same act.
Staying still as a statue, you just stared at his hunched over form, taking in the fine air.
Anytime he would begin this stance you barley had time to react before he would dismiss it as an abnormal tic. But after a story he did not quite complete after some aftermath with his mother, you found, as any person would, a non-wanted aftereffect to the person who experienced it.

Now, he still did not move. He only did if you came close to confront him, and you believed doing it now, he would have nothing to hide behind.
No active scene were occuring for him to stand beside and continue to hide his things.

Stepping over diligintly, you felt the giant sunflowers you sway away from your form as you gently moved them from your space. You made it near the boy, sitting beside him as you swung your arm over his back.

You do not know what he hid, but time is so short a peep would not hurt anybody.

"Lucas, please," you began, "you...need to stop hiding things from us. From me. Please, I remember what happened. I don't really know about---" you already choked on the pronunciation of his mom.

"You...You have us," you looked back at him after the ground, "we aren't going to leave you and love is what will shield us to the end! Won't it?"
Throughout the whirling wind and the empty atmosphere did this boy, the one where you loved hearing make atleast one compliment on your presence when no one else did, the individual you would sacrifice any time you had to, only scruffed a