21

Xukun's POV

I checked my wrist watch and saw we still have an hour to waste since the teacher from the first subject is absent. I got up from my seat and tapped Linong's shoulder. He looked up at me looking confused. 

"I have something important to tell you. Let's talk outside." I said. He still looked confused but he still nodded and got up from his seat. I was about to walk away when I remembered one thing. I faced Justin and got closer to him.

"Justin, can you keep an eye to Areum for awhile? don't let the new girl get near her or talk to her while me and Linong are away. Got that?" I whispered. I thought he's going to ask questions but gladly, he didn't. He just smiled showing his teeth and raised his thumbs up.

"okay okay I got ya!" I leaned back and turned my back to catch up with Linong who is now standing by the door, waiting for me. 

"hey Xukun what's wrong? you sounded so serious earlier." he asked as we walked our way going to the field where no one can surely hear us. 

"First of all, I want you to promise me that you wont tell anyone about this. Not even Areum or the guys. It's just between us and Chengcheng." I said while sitting down at one of the bench here at the field. Linong's forehead creased, looking more confused than earlier.

"uh okay? but spill it already! I'm dying to know what's up dude" 

"yeah. Actually, that new girl earlier is currently Chengcheng's fiance. I mean secret fiance." Linong's eyes went wide and his jaw dropped. 

"woah seriously? but...but Areum...aren't they a t-thing?" Linong suddenly sulked. 

"yes they are. Mei and Chengcheng were just arranged by their parents. Mei likes the arrangement since obviously she's obsessed with him but sadly for Chengcheng, he doesn't. That's the reason he came back here for good."

Linong just nodded slowly, but still looking down at the ground. 

"so he's kinda cheating with Areum...right? dating Areum while he's secretly engaged with someone else. And now the real fiance came here, obviously not just for studying purposes but maybe she already found out about Areum." 

"hey dude are you okay? you looked so down....wait...don't tell me you..." I stared at him who was just sitting beside me. He smiled sadly and lifted his gaze to the whole field. He inhaled deeply before speaking.

"haha yes, if that's what you are thinking right now. I like her but I know my place Xukun. She only see me as her best friend and I don't want to ruin her trust on me. My feelings is not yet that deep tho so I still have a chance to retrieve it away while it's still early." he chuckled and sigh before he continue speaking. "Seeing her happy with Chengcheng makes me happy already. But after hearing what you said, I felt very sorry for Areum. I know she's going to be hurt badly once she finds out the truth." Linong confessed. I was left speechless after hearing what he said. 

"I know you like her too Xukun. And don't you ever deny it now or lie about it. That's one of the reason I decided to step back from the battle you know? I can't risk our friendship and Areum's." he smiled as he sigh and faced me. "so what's the plan? what did Chengcheng said?"

"oh yeah...right. He wants us to protect Areum from that girl while he's still away. Mei should not get near or talk to Areum alone. If ever Areum will know the truth, it should come from Chengcheng himself, not from Mei. Let's distract Areum as much as possible." 

"okay let's do it. But when is he going to come back tho?" 

"I don't know yet but he said he's coming back very soon. You distract Areum while I keep an eye to Areum and Mei. In that way, Areum is not going to suspect anything weird since she's already used to you being super clingy and close to her." I smirked at my last sentence which made him flustered. His ears are red. 

"hey! it's not like what you are thinking right now stupid! you know that I am naturally clingy and close to my friends..." he said, looking down, still blushing. I just laughed at him and got up.

" yeah yeah whatever Linong. Let's go back now before they get suspicious. But before that let's buy some cola or whatever from that vending machine to look less suspicious once we go back." Linong nodded and we made our way to the vending machine before going back to our class. 

Linong got in first but I accidentally bumped on his back. 

"aish what the?? hey dude you're in the way you know?" I said but Linong just shook his head and asked Ziyi who's now sitting near us. 

"dude where's Areum? and that new girl?" he asked worriedly.

"uhhh I heared Areum told Justin that she's going to the girls' cr. and that new girl followed after her not that long." he answered, confused since we looked so worried. I cursed under my breath and grabbed Linong with me. 

"shit shit shit! this can't be happening!" we hurriedly made our way the CR Areum usually goes. 

"shit! they're inside dude! we can't just get in and get her!" Linong said as he paced back and forth. An idea came into my mind which made me smirk. Linong looked at me, realizing what I am currently thinking right now, he immediately shook his head.

"no...no no no Cai Xukun. nuh uh!" 

"but it's our job to keep Areum away from Mei right?"

"yeah but--"

" no more buts nongnong~" I immediately cut him off and pushed him inside. There were few other girls inside who looked at our way with wide eyes, including Areum. But Mei just smirked at us, maybe she already realized what we were trying to do. 

"uhhhh....um....A-areu-Areumie!" Linong stuttered, his ears are so red right now and his forehead is sweating. I snickered at the sight of him but Linong secretly throw his middle finger at me which made me laugh hard. The girls inside looked at us weirdly but at the same time, fan girling. 

"woah Nongnong what are you doing here??" Areum asked while grabbing a paper towel to dry her hands before throwing it way to the bin.

"u-uhhh....I m-missed y-you! yeah I missed you! when I came back to the class y-you're not there so I c-came to f-find you! yeah that's it!" 

I saw Areum blushed at what Linong said, but she immediately hid it with her hair. Everyone inside was in awe. Linong just flashed his smile to the girls which made them melt to their knees before grabbing Areum away and dragged her back to the class. I was about to go after them too when I heard someone spoke beside me. 

"so the two of you were teaming up for Chengcheng to keep his secret away from that girl huh? how pathetic.  Why do you guys like that girl so much? she's not even that beautiful psh" Mei rolled her eyes while crossing her arms. 

"wanna know the answer? Areum is not cheap like you. She doesn't beg for someone to like or love her. She knows her worth so well which made her more attractive and beautiful than she already is in the first place." I answered her and walked faster, leaving her behind me. But I stopped on my track after she said those words.

"haha you like her don't you? what kind of a friend are you? ohhh I can't wait til Chengcheng finds out that his so called best friend has a secret feeling towards Areum." I can feel  the smirk on her face by just hearing her talk. But I just smirked and partly looked at her, my back still facing her, hands on my pockets. 

"Go on and tell him. I don't care. I would be glad instead you know? psh" then I started to walk again and left her there. 

------