e i g h t e e n

Draco

The next day at breakfast Mr. Weasley asked what the were all doing today. "Dunno, maybe we can all just hangout," Harry shrugged. "Actually Draco and I are going to see his mom, but don't hold back on doing anything without us," Hermione smiled. "Oh that's great dear! Please do invite her for Christmas dinner tomorrow," Mrs. Weasley beamed. "I'll pass along the message," I smiled. "We should get going Mione," I stood up. "Thank you for breakfast Mrs. Weasley it was amazing," I told her placing my dish in the sink. "Yes it was as always," Hermione chimed in. "Thank you dears. Have a good time," she waved us bye as we put on our coats. I grabbed Hermione's hand and we disapperated to a small house on the outskirts of London. "Ready?" I asked her. She merely nodded. "It'll be ok don't worry," I leaned down to kiss her. "Draco," my mother exclaimed throwing open the door. "What a lovely surprise," she gushed pulling me into a hug. "Hello Mother," I smiled hugging her back. "And who is this lovely lady?" She asked her eyes landing on Hermione. "Mother this is my girlfriend Hermione Granger," I said grabbing ahold of Hermione's hand. "Hi Miss. Malfoy, it's nice to meet you," Hermione smiled. "Oh dear call me Narcissa. Do come on in," she waved us inside snapping the door closed. "Ivy bring a pot of tea please," she smiled at the house elf as we sat down. "I'm not sure how my dim wit of a son could get someone like you, but I'm glad he did," Narcissa started. Hermione raised and eyebrow and chuckled. "I've heard a lot about you since year one. You are the brightest witch of your age and Draco is lucky to have you," my mother continued. Hermione blushed. "Thank you, but I'm lucky to have him," she smiled squeezing my hand under the table. I smiled placing my hand on her thigh. "Thank you Ivy," she thanked the house elf as Ivy placed a pot of tea down. "How long have you two been dating?" My mother asked. "Almost five months," I replied.
***
Hermione
"Five months?! And it's taken you this long to tell me. Honestly Draco you could have sent an owl," Narcissa scolded. I couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry mother," he replied looking down. She nodded in reassurance. "I changed my name back to Black," she said. Draco's head popped up. "That's great Mother," he smiled. "Thank you," she smiled softly tears forming in her eyes. I grabbed her hand sitting on the table and gave it a light squeeze. She seemed shocked at first, but then smiled at me gratefully. "Draco can you go get the biscuits from the kitchen," Narcissa asked. "Why can't we ask Ivy," he raised his eyebrow. Narcissa gave him a firm look. "Go," I whispered. "I'll be ok," I finished. He sighed and stood up reluctantly walking away to the kitchen. "You make my son really happy," Narcissa started as he walked away. "After all he's been through I'm very thankful for you and your already like a daughter." "Thank you," I blushed looking down at my hands. "Just let me know when the wedding is and I'll be there to help," she finished winking at me as Draco walked back. I smiled.
***
Draco
After an hour of chit chat I stood up. "Thank you Mother, but we really should be going now," I smiled pushing my chair in. "When will I see you two again," she asked also standing up. "Sooner than you think. Mrs. Weasley invited you for Christmas Dinner at the Burrow," I smiled as we walked towards the front door. "It's at 7," Hermione winked as she walked out. "Thank you dear," my mother laughed watching her leave. They seem to get along. I thought to myself. Thankfully. "Dear please do keep her. I like her. She's kind and good for you," my mother smiled pulling me into a hug. "I'll try Mother. I love her. I'll see you tomorrow," I replied kissing her on the cheek before heading out the door to meet Hermione. I grabbed her hand and we both waved before disapperating back to the Burrow. "How was it," Ginny ran out yelling jumping into Hermione. "It was good," she laughed hugging Ginny. "Your Mother's sweet," she turned addressing me. "She likes you a lot," I smiled leaving the two girls alone as I walked inside. "How'd it go mate," Blaise asked as the boys circled around. "Great. Them seem to like each other," I smiled. "That's great mate," Ron said clapping me on the back. "Yeah, but Hermione's parents will be harder," Dean reminded me. "Oh yeah I remember when I met them," Seamus laughed. "Meeting them forget about that," Harry spoke. "That's the easy part. The hard part will be her hand in marriage," he laughed. I blushed at this, but laughed none the less. "Hello dear," Mrs. Weasley greeted me. "Good to see you back. Will your mother be attending dinner with us?" She asked. "Yes, she told me to thank you," I smiled standing up. "Oh it's my pleasure dear," Mrs. Weasley smiled. "Dinners ready. Collect the rest of the group will you?" She turned walking into the kitchen. Blaise and I walked out to where our girlfriends were. "Dinners ready," I whispered in Hermione's ear my hands snaking around her waist. "Merlin's beard Draco," she breathed as she turned around. I laughed grabbing her hand as we walked inside sitting down. The rest of the night passed peacefully with everyone talking and eating.
❁ ❁ ❁
"Hermione?" I asked as we layed in bed. "Mhhh," she turned to face me. "What did my mother say?" I asked my eyes closed. "Oh she just said that she liked me and I made you a better person and oh yeah when we get married let her know and she'll be there to help," Hermione said turning back around. My eyes popped open as I turned to face her back. I could see her laughing. I shook my head letting out a chuckle myself, placing my arms around her before drifting off to sleep.

A/N
Is this even good? I don't know, but wow I didn't realize Draco + Hermione has been dating for almost 5 months geez. Anyways tomorrow is their Christmas Day so woop! Until next chapter <3
Edit: 800 reads?! Y'all blow my mind :)