Volume 1 Chapter 2

After encountering a god called Exzandr, I came to my senses and woke up in the cold cell. My hair was messier than before and my saliva was dripping from my mouth.

'Eww, disgusting' I thought as I wiped it off. 'How long was I out?'

Suddenly a burly man opened that door and bright light penetrated my eyes. 'Too bright!!'

I shielded my eyes with my small dirty hand and turned my face away.

"Get up, slave." The man took my arm and pulled me up roughly. 'Ow! That hurts!' I bit my lip to prevent showing any pain and weaknesses. The guy just snickered at me, amused. He dragged me by the chain that was chained to my neck. We arrived at a small room with a dusty smell making my nose scrunch up. The room was designed with velvet curtains and plain wooden chairs and tables.

Then I saw a man who sat near the window reading a book. He was clothed in knight's armour and was equipped with a sword. 'Is he my buyer? A Knight?'

"Commander, I brought the slave you asked for" He pushed me on the ground in front of the knight who was called commander. He lifted his eyes from the book he was holding and locked eyes with me. I stood my ground and glared at him with all my might, threatening him. His lips curled upwards and let out a hearty laugh. The burly man looked at him in confusion.

"I'm sorry commander, was she not enough for your taste?" 'For his taste!?!? Oh hell no, I ain't going to be a sex slave!!' I glared at him, more intense than before.
The man shook his head, a smile plastered on his face.

"No, she's perfect. How much?" He asked as he reached in his pocket. "Twelve gold coins, Commander"

Twelve gold coins!?!? According to the previous owner with her knowledge of money that's... 'Gwuha!!! T-that's enough to buy a nice house and have enough to live for two years!!' The knight brought out the exact money and gave it to the burly man who was drooling at the sight of it. I gaped at the knight  in disbelief mentally. 'Damn. I would kill just to get that much money and you just give it away!?!? How many more do you have in your pocket!?'

"Also bring me the adoption papers." The knight asked. I looked at him in surprise and confusion. He just smiled at me. The burly man behind me stuttered, shocked at what he said. Well, he seemed like a nice guy. I'm starting to like him.

"A-adoption p-p-paper!?!? For a mere slave!?!?!?" The knight merely nodded while the burly man went back to retrieve the papers. The knight suddenly faced me. "What is your name little girlie?"

"I have no name. It ceased to exist when my parents sold me and made me a slave." He nodded and smiled. "Then, what do you want me to call you?" I shook my head. "Name me." The man looked shocked for a moment then recovered.

"Then, Talia Greycott. Nice to meet you, I'm Garrett Greycott."
He took out his hand and I shook it.

"Likewise"

¤~*~¤

After the knight bought me, he named me Talia. He recently became my father and welcomed me in his home. He introduced me to my new sibling, his name was Jared Greycott. Unfortunately, his mother died when he was born so he grew up without a mother.

Since my father left me in my past life, I never knew how to interact with my adoptive father. In the first days that I lived with them were awkward as I was still wary of them. Trusting strangers easily will only lead you to your own destruction. Weeks passed and I started to warm up to them as they only treated me kindly and carefully. Calling them happy when I approached them would be an understatement. They were crying with joy and squeezed the living daylights out of me. Then I suddenly came to a dead end. How do I address Garrett? Should I call him daddy or father? So I experimented.

"Father" I called out to him. His eyes lit up and smiled. "Talia, what is it?"

...

"Daddy" And that hit the spot. He blushed red and darted his eyes everywhere looking at anything except me.

"Y-yes, sweetie what is it?" He stuttered. Bingo. This is so funny. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. Awww, my father is so cute~! Thank you Exzandr for giving me this family!

I see now, cuteness can be used as a deadly weapon in this world. I will use it properly. Un.

¤~*~¤

Months passed and I recently turned eight. Me and my new family got close to each other day by day and lived comfortably. I also found out why dad was called commander. He was part of an elite group of knights called the Round Table with the highest position of commander. He sometimes talked to me about the things he did in his youth as a chivalrous knight and how he became a Commander. Because of this, I soon became interested and wanted to research about them in the public library.

"Tousama, I'm going to visit the library!" I asked daddy for his permission.

"Okay! Take Jared with you!"

¤~*~¤

Walking side by side with my brother to the library made me feel secure and happy. I looked at my handsome brother and asked. "Onii-san, are you also going to be a knight?" He shook his head. "I don't want to inherit the Commander title. It's too bothersome. One day, I'm going to be an adventurer!" He said proudly. 'Then, who's going to inherit the commander title? Me?' I thought, considering it.

"Then, I want the Commander title! I want to be part of the Round Table! I will be like Tousama when I grow up!" I announced happily. Little did she know, her brother took her words seriously and told their father about it.

Thus, her adventure to become a knight of the Round Table, began.