Volume 1 Chapter 4

After I have finished running six laps, I went back sweating profusely and was breathing irregularly. Slamming the door open, I trudged to the dining room to devour my awaited breakfast. My stomach grumbled as the scent of eggs and bacon wafted in the air. 'Old man, you're going to pay for this'

I mumbled colorful words and sat down on the chair beside my brother. "Nii-san, where is tousama?" He looked at me and shrugged, continuing to eat his breakfast. 'Well, whatever. At least I get to finally eat my food' I thought as I gobbled all the food on my plate, the heavenly taste melting in my mouth. 'The juiciness of the bacon and the fluffiness of the eggs combined!! Ahh~ I'm in heaven. So full~'

"You done?" I jump out of fright and turned to look at the culprit. "Otou-sama! Mou!! Do you know how much I suffered because of that!? I had to run on an empty stomach in pajamas!? What if someone saw me!?" I complained. Then his gaze hardened and smiled creepily at me. 'W-what is this dark aura emitting out from him!?'

"Talia" He said my name in a way that brought chills to my spine. "
"H-hai!?" I stuttered, scared out of my mind. 'Holy crap! I didn't know he could be so scary!' "Talia, you said you wanted to be a Commander, right? And a Knight of the Round Table at that, right?" I nodded furiously while sweating in fear. "Then, do as I say, and do NOT complain. Got it?" I nodded again still unable to speak. "As your father, I just want the best for you. Even if it requires me to harden my heart. In all honesty, I do not want to do this. It's just that your useless brother, is playing around with a girl and is neglecting his duties." He said as he shot a look at Jared.

My brother immediately turned pale and stuttered. "Y-you knew!?" He looked like he was about to faint. "You think I wouldn't know what my children are doing? Well, joke's on you because I always, ALWAYS keep an eye out on both of you" Otou-sama warned us. "Now, time to continue your training, Talia." A sense of dread filled me the moment he said that and dragged me into the woods. I silently prayed to the gods for my safety and sanity.

¤~*~¤

I stared at the axe my dad gave me and looked at him incredulously. As if he understood that I didn't know what was going on, he gestured to the trees. "Lately, it seems that the forest has grown crowded and is in need for some tree demolishing. I want you to cut down at least twenty trees by sundown. You may take short rests but only for five minutes, there is a bottle of water there just in case you get thirsty."

I nodded absentmindedly still processing the words he said. "You... want me to take down twenty trees... by sundown... ARE YOU NUTS!?!? IT'LL AT LEAST TAKE THREE DAYS FOR A NORMAL PERSON TO TAKE DOWN THAT MANY!! AND YOU EXPECT ME, AN EIGHT YEAR OLD, TO FINISH IT BEFORE SUNDOWN!?" I screamed as soon as I grasped what he was saying. 'He must be mad!' I thought. Tousama groaned in frustration and sighed. 'Ha!? What are you angry for you bastard!? I'm the one who's supposed to be- Eek!' I froze as I felt that bone-chilling aura again.

"Haah, you don't get it do you, Talia? I admire your feistiness but, not heeding with my instructions and throwing complaints like a brat. Do you think you'll be a commander like that!? You only have ten years to master the way of the knights to be qualified to enter the tournament as a knight candidate. Don't waste it." I tilted my head in curiosity.

"Tournament? What is that?" He smirked and said, "That's for your homework when you get home later. I'll give every book we have related to that so, don't worry. You'll be fully informed in no time." I gaped at him in disbelief. "Oh, and because you disrespected me, I'll add another ten. Good luck kiddo, see ya" He said as he waved and walked away. 'HA!?!? Now I have to cut thirty trees!?!? Dammit. I should've learned my lesson the first time he got angry. I'll make sure to watch out and avoid incurring his wrath next time. And to top it off I have to do some homework after!? Ughh, it's all because I asked that stupid question. Baka.' I cursed myself, lifted the heavy tool and started swinging.

¤~*~¤

"Th-three more left" I said to myself as I tried to carry the heavy object that seemed heavier than before. My arm and leg muscles ached and begged for a rest. By the time I was halfway through the last tree, I collapsed as I was tired and worn out. I laid there on the dry ground, gasping for air. 'Haah, It's so tiring. Gosh, I miss my soft and fluffy bed in my past life. My dearest phone with all of the memories I had with my families and friends. I miss eating my mother's okonomiyaki and curry.' I groaned out loud as my stomach grumbled loudly.

It was already dark and cold, the unfinished tree still stood tall as if mocking me silently for being weak. Suddenly, an urge to finish cutting the tree appeared in my heart and overwhelmed me as I hated the idea of losing to a mere puny tree. The pain started to fade away and a newfound strength was felt inside of me as a green circle with intricate symbols appeared on the ground and a golden light enveloped me. '...So warm. Is this..?'

"Magic?" I gasped in surprise. Amazing! I had the aptitude for magic! This is a great discovery! I can finally test out those magic circles that I learned from the library! I quickly stood up to test it out, the growls of my stomach forgotten. Walking to the tree with an outstretched hand, I chanted, "Wind cutter". Suddenly, a big green circle appeared before my hand and a breeze of wind was felt. The tree was cut off clean as it fell with a loud 'thud'. 'Just as I imagined'

"T-this is amazing! I could cut a hundred more with this!" I exclaimed happily. Since it was already dark, I went for the light element. Me, being a low-key potterhead back in my past life, used the light charm spell 'Lumos Maxima' as reference. I closed my eyes and tried to remember it. I breathed deeply and chanted, "Light". A small white magic circle appeared on the tip of my index finger and produced a bright light, the exact replica of the Lumos Maxima. I laughed gleefully and played with it until I heard a howl. I froze and remembered that I was out in the woods where danger lurks at night. I quickly collected my things and went back to the way where the Greycott home was found, and If I must say, happily.

¤~*~¤

Harry Potter, anyone? No? 〒_〒