3. Raven.

Sasuke's POV

Love isn't sweet.

Love is nothing but a paradox to endless pain and sacrafice.

●○●

"You have to go, little brother. You don't have a choice."

Itachi stands sternly over me and crosses his arms. He was about to reach his fingers out and hit my forehead, but I took a step back before he could do it. I give him a cold gaze in hopes that he would get off my tail.

"I have no reason to go to this party. Mom and Dad are going, so why should we? The Uchiha business is being supported whether we show up or not," I say, avoiding eye contact with my brother.

He grasp my shoulder and holds me in place so he could finally knock my forehead with his fingers. He laughs sweetly, but I don't think it's funny. "Sasuke, even if it doesn't benefit our business, there is still plenty of reason to go. You have to give a gift to the person you recieved for the secret santa game! Don't let someone down."

I growl and clutch my fist

I growl and clutch my fist. "I could care less about a damn gift for a stranger. Not to mention that obsessive Haruno girl is going to the Lady Hyuga's party. It's just more of a logical reason for me to stay home."

He sighs and lays his palm on his face. "How about this: if you go, I'll persuade Lady Hyuga to let you bring Suigetsu as your plus one to the party. Deal?"

"Damnit Itachi, you know Suigetsu has been dying to go to this party. I shouldv'e known you've been reading the text messages on my phone."

Itachi makes a cheesy fake grin. "You know the Huzuki Company is a rival to our family's compamy. It's not like I can just let you tell him our family's secrets and such."

I suck air through my teeth and roll my eyes. "Whatever. I don't share business secrets with him. He's just a friend, and he isn't interested in crushing our family company. Besides, if you don't trust him, why do you insist on having him be my plus one to this Christmas party?"

"Because I know it will convince you to go. Besides, you owe Suigetsu a huge favor. Isn't that right, little brother?" Itachi pours himself a glass of long-aged red wine and kicks his feet up on the sofa infront of the fireplace.

I grind my teeth together in anger. "We don't speak about that in this household. And maybe you're right. Maybe I will go if you let me bring Suigetsu..."

Itachi chuckles and takes a small sip of his wine. I stand infront of the fireplace with my fist clutched tightly. "You act so tough, Sasuke; but really you have such a soft spot. Why don't you show it more often? Maybe you'd get a lover if you did."

I roll my eyes and wrap my arms around eachother. "People who wear their heart's on their sleeves always get hurt. Besides, I don't need someone like that in my life right now. I can be sucessful without a partner."

Itachi raises his eyebrows. "You may become financially successful, but that doesn't mean your whole life will be fufilled. Try to meet new people at this party. Form relationships and feed your heart some love for once."

Out of frustration with my older brother, I stomp out of the living area and I begin to walk in the direction of my room. "Having a partner in life is nice, but it isn't necessary. It would make me put up a lot of sacrifice that I just can't give right now."

Entering the doorway of my bedroom, my eyes find themselves staring at the ceiling and to the skylight. The late sunset caused the clouds outside to become a dark purple, and my room glowed with it's colors. I always felt like my bedroom was too big for one person. For an average family, this would be a living room, library, and bedroom combined. I don't need all this space but somehow I have it. My bed is intop of a beachwood loft alongside with a lamp and a nightstand. The rest of my room was full of boolshelves, couches, love seats, game counsels and a tv. Separated from my bedroom is the walk-in closet and the full bathroom.

I put up the stairs to my loft slowly in annoyance. Peeling my tshirt from off my body, I yawn and sit down on the edge of my matress. My shirt drops carelessly on the foor while I stare down at my hands that are squeezed tightly together. I think about the sacrifice the Suigetsu put up for me, regardless of our family's afflictions. Out of anger to Itatchi, I did something I shouldn't have that could of harmed our family business and supported Suigetsu's. But he put the blame on himself, all for the sake of me. And now I don't just owe him money, but I also owe him a huge favor whenever he needs it.

I hear something vibrate from behind me, and it brings me out of my thoughts. It's my phone. I stretch across my bed and reach for it with the tip of my fingertips. I turn on the screen and look at my notifications.

Itachi - "Don't sleep in too long, little brother. You need to buy a gift for the secret santa game at the Christmas party if you decide to go. The name of the person is on a piece of paper on your nightstand. Love you, Sasuke. "

I roll my eyes at him telling me he loves me, and I reach for the paper on my nightstand. Unfolding it, the name is reavealed. It's unfamiliar.

Naruto Uzumaki.

I groan, placing the scrap of paper back onto my nightstand and layed back on my sheets. My hair lays out onto my pillow as I stare at my celing. For once in my life, I feel lonely. And I never seemed to realize it until ltatchi told me to form realtionships and meet people. Sure, I have friends at school and Suigetsu. But I want something more...

I don't know what to buy this Uzumaki person; especially since I've never met this person in my life. I know he must live in Osaka, but it's such a large city with thousands of people. I couldn't possibly find him to figure out who he is and what he likes. Wait...why do I care?

"Ugh," I mope, placing my hands over my eyes and rubbing my face. Maybe at this party, I can make an effort to meet this person and form a bond.

"Naruto Uzumaki...I will buy you the best damn gift money can buy."