9. Red Wine.

Sasuke's POV
Christmas Eve
Day of Lady Hyuga's Party

Make me a deaf man,

And I'll still believe your cello is music to my ears,

Because your passion and beaty is enough artful pleasure for me.

●○●

I stand awkwardly next to my brother among a circle of adults sipping champagne and wine and having drunken conversations. I feel uncomfortable, and so I think I'm gonna leave and find people from school. "Itachi, I'm going "

He shrugs me off then continues hus drunken laughter with the rest of the adults. I make my way out of the kitchen area and into the mansion's library, where most of Lady Hyuga's guest are mingling and greeting each other. Every time a new guest arrives, a cool rush of winter air from the french doors blast in and causes everyone to feel chilled. I tug down the sleeves of my suit to keep my wrist warm as I weave through the crowd of hundreds.

Suddenly, a familiar voice hits my ears, causing my eyes to flinch in the direction of the sound. "Sasuke-kun! Are you here yet, pretty boy?!" I see her large forehead and pink bangs discreetly behind the wall of guest. It's Sakura Haruno; meaning I have to make a run for it.

But before I could even move, a flash of yellow strikes my eyes, and they are coming from behind Sakura. I hear Hinata Hyuga's voice from behind her, saying,"Let's go talk to my aunt before your performance!" She was talking to a sunflower blond person, but I can't quite make out who it is behind Sakura's big forehead. The person's lightly tanned complexion reminded me of someone. Is it Deidara Bakuhatsu from Red Cloud Café? No, this person's presence feels different...and awefully familiar.

"Ah!" Sakura squeals, jumping up and down frantically. Damnit, she found me. "Sasuke-kun, you look so handsome tonight!" I try to look past her to catch a glimpse of the person, but I have no luck as Hinata Hyuga disappears with them into the crowd of guest along with Neji Hyuga. Now Haruno is really getting on my nerves. 

Swinging in like a hero, Suigetsu comes up from behind me and places his hand on my shoulder. "What's up, Sasuke. Oh, and it's the beautiful Sakura Haruno as well," he says, smiling his famous smirk and flashing off his bright purple eyes and sharp teeth. I know Suigetsu isn't actually interested in Sakura: he just wants her to stop bothering me. And this is exactly why we are close friends.

I turn my eyes to face him with a blank expression as Sakura looks starstruck to the presence of Suigetsu

I turn my eyes to face him with a blank expression as Sakura looks starstruck to the presence of Suigetsu. "Suigetsu, I need you to help me. I'm trying to find someone, and-"

He chuckes discreetly and steps infront of me. "Don't worry, I can handle it." He grabs a gentle hold of Sakura's left hand, leaving her to blush. "Why don't we go sit and chat by the fireplace, Ms.Haruno." He starts to lead her away, leaving Sakura speechless. He winks as he walks past as a way to tell me, Don't worry, I got this all handled.

I sigh in relief, begging to walk in the direction Hinata, Neji, and the other person went. Why do I care so much about who this is? Suddenly, guest begin to flow into another room of the mansion to the sound of tapping on a champagne glass; I'm unable to go in the direction I want because I can't weave through all these people. I give up and follow the rest of the guest, I'm curious to what it is they're all excited about and eager to see.

This time I shove my way through the sea of guest to get up close to what they're trying to witness. Then I catch glimpse of what pure beauty and contentment looks like. Up on a wooden stage sits a sunflower teenaged boy sitting on a high stool with a cello between his lap; his bright blue eyes and wide smile flaunting themselves off as he waves at the excited and energetic crowd with his sun deepened hands.

I stare at him deeply, and I feel like I'm in a space where there is nothing but me and him. My heart pounds rapidly in my chest and sends a rush of warm blood throughout my body and my cheeks. He catches me glimpsing at him and has the same reaction as I do. His lips part slightly as his eyes widen in shock; holding the bow to his cello still. Both of our eyes stay fixed at each other for a long period of time. The crowd looks at the boy with a puzzled reaction, then follows what he's staring at. Once all f their eyes land on me, I close my own and tilt my head down to the floor.

The boy laughs under his breath in embarassment and runs his hands through his hair. "I'm sorry about the wait, folks. I hope you enjoy my cello interpretation of Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 3." He inhales deeply to fill up his chest with air before striking the strings with his bow and gliding across them swifly and with lots of delicacy and finesse. I've never heard someone play the cello like this before in my life. Although, who needs music when you have the sweet sound of the boy's voice?

I study him closely for the remainder of the song. It lasted ten minutes but I loved looking at how passionate he is about a simple piece of classical music. After he finishes, he rises off of his stool and rest his cello on a stand. The boy bows to the crowd as they escape in tears and chants of appreciation and respect. He exits the stage while waving and grinning like an idiot with his face a light pink tone.

Once he dissapears from my sight and into the heavy crowd, I get flustered and aggrivated. I need to see him again, I need to find him right now. His pure energy and beauty leaves me breathless; and I crave more of it.

This is when my life changes forever.

•••