26. Lovely Disguise.

Naruto's (Hokage) POV
Present Day
Konoha

Lets take our memories far back

And act just like the day

we fell in love.

♟♟♟

While I'm searching through scrolls and filing papers, I hear a light tap on the office door.

Shikamaru peers up slowly in curiosity. "Are you expecting anyone, Lord Hokage?" He drops a pile of papers on my desk and begins to put towards the door in hesitance.

"I'm not sure...unless it's Sasuke," I murmur to him. "I don't believe any Ōtsutsuki member would come nocking on my door at this late hour." I chuckle lightly, but really it sounds frightening.

Shikamaru sighs and scratches the back of his neck. "Mendokusē..." He brings his left eye up to the peep hole and squints. "It's Sasuke, Uzumaki-sama. Seems he's finally come back after a few months."

I stand up excitedly; smiling like I little kid as I lean on my desk with my hands. "Well then, let him in ya know?!"

Shikamaru turns the knob and opens the door; revealing the man that I love. Our opposite eyes lock and we smile warmly towards each other for seconds upon seconds. Shikamaru's focus flickers between me and Sasuke several times before stopping at my face. "Do you need me to leave, Lord Hokage?"

"Just for a few minutes..." I whisper softly, as I release my glare on Sasuke and my happy expression drops. Shikamaru nods towards me slightly and gives me one last sharp glance before leaving me and Sasuke alone in the room. I'm afraid he suspects what's going on between us.

Sasuke walks towards me slowly until he reaches the front of my desk. He keeps his arm underneath his flowing black cape as he gives me a stern look. "Baby-uh-Uzumaki-sama...we have a problem."

I cross my arms and pout. "A problem? I've been dealing with problems all day, Sasuke-kun! Can I just get something nice, like a kiss?"

"I'm serious, Naruto," he stays with an angered expression and his eyes like daggers. "I went to the parallel universe with the rinnegan to see how our relationship was doing. It's terrible...younger me has betrayed you. But that's to be expected."

I widen my eyes in a startled manner, jolting towards him from across my desk. "W-What do you mean? Betrayal? What did he do?!"

Sasuke closes his eyes slowly to keep himself composed. "He was following his brother's—Itachi's—wishes to ruin Minato Namikaze's life. He's campaigning for mayor of Osaka, Japan. But the Akatsuki has other plans."

Wait.

"My dad...is alive?"

He nods slightly and parts his lips to speak. "In this other universe, he is. But Itachi, who is also alive, forced the younger me to leave Japan and move across the world. If we don't bring them back together again, your father won't be alive for long."

"So what are we gonna do?!" I screech, slamming my palms onto the desk in fear and desperation.

He peers down to the floor in guilt. "It isn't ideal, but you'll the other universe with my rinnegan and disguise yourself as the younger you using your jutsu. Visit Boston and seduce Sasuke to convince him that he's forgiven...then do the same with Itachi to convince him to let younger me come back to Japan."

My jaw practically drops down to the floors. "W-what? You want me to hook up with your older brother?!" Blood begins to drip down my cupid's bow from my nose as I gag to the thought of it. "What makes you think that would bring little Sasuke back to this Japan place?!"

Sasuke chuckles lowly with his eyelids closed. "He seems to have taken a liking to you. I don't know if it's to make his little brother jealous, or to follow the Akatsuki's plan. Or maybe he just thinks you're beautiful; in that case I can't blame him."

My cheeks feel like they're burning as a wide grin stretches up my face. "Don't say things like that when you haven't even given me a kiss yet!"

"I won't give you any sort of kiss until you transform into your younger self," Sasuke remarks with a smug smile and his arms crossed. "But even then, it won't happen unless it's absolutely accurate."

"Baka...You're so stubborn." I mumble under my breath and I swing around my desk to stand beside him. I bring my hands together to form the hands signs for dog, boar, then ram. "Hange no Jutsu!" A swarm of fog forms around me like a coat, and I feel my eyes going wider and my hair growing longer so my bangs nearly get in my eyes. I realize I've shrunk, because the man next to me is significantly taller.

Sasuke stares with his lips parted in awe. "Y-You look the same as the day I realized I loved you."

My eyebrows knit together to show a sincere look on my face. I've never heard him say anything so soppy and cliche like that in my whole life. And as I look upwards towards his dark eyes, my own pool with water to the thought of his words. "Damnit Sasuke...don't make me cry like a baby!" I fall helplessly into his embrace and lay my head in his warm chest; letting my eyelids fall.

He wraps his arm around me and lays his hand comfortably on the small of my back. "I'm serious. It was the day we almost died together. I realized there wasn't anyone else in this world who could love me so much to risk their life for me but you and my brother. You saved me from my hatred..."

I lift my head off his chest as soon as I noticed I was getting his cape wet with my tears. I up at him and smile through the water pouring down my cheeks. "I'm sorry I'm such a crybaby when it comes to you. Everywhere else I seem to be tough as nails..."

Sasuke gingerly wipes the tears off my right cheek with his thumb. "I would be concerned if you weren't crying. It just reminds me how much you care about me. You're one of the few people who do, and I appreciate you so much for that." He places my finger underneath my chin and draws his lips closer to mine. Before I close my eyes to fall into the kiss, a flicker of black and purple light comes from behind me. So that's why he didn't close his eyes...he created a portal with the rinnegan.

"This is the gateway to the other universe," he whispers softly, with his face so close to mine that I feel his warm breath tingling on my lips. "Are you ready, my little Uzumaki?"

"No!" I pout, squinting my eye closed and flaring my nostrils at him. "You never gave me a kiss, dattebayo!" I huff and cross my arms.

Sasuke chuckles deviously as he grabs my shoulders and pulls my lips onto his. I try to deepen the kiss, but all his gives me is a few pecks with quiet giggles in between. But before I know it, Sasuke shoves roughly on my shoulders and I fall into his portal, leading me into the other universe.

"W-Wait! Sasuke-kun!" I screech towards him as I drop deeper into the path between worlds. "Who's gonna be the hokage while I'm gone!? I can't just leave Konoha without a trace, ya know?! Sasuke!"