19. Cloud Cult.

Itatchi's POV
Christmas Day
Osaka, Japan.

As you dangle from my strings

Like the doll you are

I feel no guilt

If your loved ones fall far.

•°•°•°•

I grin deviously; as I'm pleased to hear Sasuke is agreeing to my plan. I may be selfish using my brother's love interest for the sake of the Akatsuki, but really, it's the most selfless thing I've ever done. Everything I do in the Akatsuki is for the sake of my little brother's safety. Even if his protection means the destruction of Minato Uzumaki, and possible even Kushina and Narutk themselves. Though I feel a deep guilt for the potential of Sasuke losing his relationship over this, I believe that it's worth everything.

Sasuke sighs as a way to drop the topic of his futute betrayal to his lover. "Where's mother and father?" Sasuke questions with his arms crossed tightly,"It's Christmas. You can't tell me they aren't coming home today." While he waits for my reply, he strips off the soaken t-shirt underneath his oxford and bunches it between his hands. I feel a guilty for leaving him out in the snow as he waited for his car to be fixed. I told him I had an Akatsuki meeting, and that I couldn't be there to help him. But in reality I was home drinking, and now he sees that truth as I slur on my words and spill gin on the carpet.

I bring my fist up to my lips to clear my throat before speaking; hoping to clear my head from the alcohol so I can speak with clarity. "They can't be here this year, Sasuke. I tried everything I could to have them be here...I'm very sorry." I turn away from him so I don't have to see his dissapointed face. It agonizes him when our parents aren't here on days like these. Not having mother and father here for holidays is a recurring pattern that's been going on for several years.

I hear his gasp for air in efforts to speak, but before anything comes out of his mouth my phone dings in my pocket. I face myself back towards Sasuke's direction; removing my cellphone from my jeans and turning on the lock screen. Reading the message fills me with even more remorse than I already feel for Sasuke.

Yahiko: We are meeting behind Red Cloud in the Dotonbori district an hour from now. Be there on time.

"I have to leave, Sasuke. I'll give you your gift later," I tell him, avoiding the look on his face. I drunkingly rush over to the coathook hanging in the doorway to retrieve a black windbreaker with a very noticeable red cloud symbol on the back. People think this is just the logo for Red Cloud café, but it is so much more than that. It's the symbol of the Akatsuki gang; a gang that is practically unknown by others besides it's members and surrounding family.

Sasuke sucks air through his teeth and rolls his eyes. He's trying to act like this isn't hurting his feelings, and that he's just very annoyed. "Another damned 'Akatsuki' meeting, as an excuse for you to not be here for me? It's obvious you already lied about before, and left me in the snow so you can get wasted!" he snaps with a strong tone, his eyes practically piercing a hole in my chest.

I can't think of a way to reply to him: as I am in shock of his words. So instead I stay silent and escape out the front doors; my eyes pooling with warm water under my eyelid.

The Akatsuki is worth it.

•°•°•°•°•