4. Young Love.

3rd Person
- Dream -

Even if we appear to be strangers,

Maybe we'll meet in a dream,

And I'll find nothing but home in your arms.

We can let the stars reflect in our eyes,

And watch our sun and moon chase eachother aimlessly through the sky.

○●○

Naruto Uzumaki's bright blue eyes stare softly at the stars in the sky. His sunflower shaded hairs blows around along with the cool night breeze. The grass underneath him is damp, but he doesn't mind one bit. All he cares about is the stars, and the way they twinkle gracefully. Naruto is a young boy who is often mischievous and troublesome. But he has a very sweet heart, and cherishes the small things in life, like ramen and giggles.

He sees a short, pale figure walking towards him in his perephial view. His lips seperate slightly as he turns his face to force the little boy stumbling in his direction. The child is unfamiliar. But for some reason, he brings along with him a sense of comfort and protection. His silk long black hair compliments his eyes that had the colors of midnight. His skin fair like cream and poreclin.

Sasuke Uchiha approached the blond boy and looked down on him as he sat on the grass. A small smile grew up his face as the two boys stared at eachother with curious eyes.

"Who are you?" Naruto murmurs, letting air whistle through the tiny gap in his baby teeth when he speaks.

"I don't know who I am. Who are you?" Sasuke crosses his arms and pouts. But Naruto knew he wasn't rude or disrespectful. The boy simply was trying so show off his strength.

Naruto looked down at the grass in conern. "I...I don't remember."

Sasuke grins at Naruto and shifts beside him on the grass. He gazes at the stars in awe and wonder with how big the universe is. "It's okay if you don't know who you are. Because I think I know you, even if I don't know your name. I trust you." He pulls the sunny boy into a tight embrace against him.

"I think I know you too," Naruto remarks with a huge goofy smile on his face. "I don't know from where... but I do. I feel safe with you." He nuzzles his hair into the crook of Sasuke's neck and enjoys his empowering and safe hug. Sasuke scooches closer to him and holds hin tighter; enjoying the the comforting heat that Naruto's body radiates with.

Suddenly, a flash of light soars across the night sky; the reflection creating a twinkle in the children's eyes. Naruto gasp and jumps to his feet in excitement, causing Sasuke to let go of him and fall backwards onto the grass. "Hey you, look! It's a shooting star! I've been waiting for hours to see one of these. They're rare, ya know?!"

Sasuke puts a frown on his face. He wants to hold Naruto again. But then he sees the beauty of the blond boy's bright smile, and he realizes that it is even more comforting then any warm hug he could recieve. "It's pretty. What do you wish for, sun boy?"

 What do you wish for, sun boy?"

"I wish for-"

Naruto's wishes were cut off by a sudden gleam of light coming from the palm of his hand. He feels frightened, but his curiosity overcomes his fear as he examines the light more closely. A mark on his hand appears in the shape of a sunshine that's radiating a white light that felt enchanting and kind. Sasuke looks down at his own hand and sees a mark in the shape of a moon, releasing a black mist.

"Wha-what is this?" Naruto asks Sasuke. He glances over to him and realizes he also has a strange mark on his palm that glows. But Naruto's white light was the sun, and Sasuke's dark light was the moon. "D-Does this mean that we're rivals? Opposites?"

Somehow, Sasuke knew the answer to his question through his heart. "People who are opposites aren't necessarily rivals or enemies. They can be complementary, and together they can do powerful things."

"But if we're a complementary pair, then what the heck can we accomplish together?" Naruto questions after nodding his head to Sasuke in agreement. He sits back down next to Sasuke and taps his feet on the ground, anxiously for his answer.

"I don't know. I don't know who you are, and what challenges you face."

Naruto places the sun marking onto Sasuke's, and they intertwine their fingers together. They both look away from eachother quickly, and Naruto blushes a bright red color. A ray of rainbow colors escapes from the cracks between their fingers that are wrapped around eachother. It was more beautiful than any of the stars they've seen.

Sasuke's eyes widen at the sight of their hands together. "I...I wish I knew who you were. No matter how far you are from me, I feel like I would search the world to get to you. And..I don't even know why I would."

Naruto giggles and runs his hands through his hair. He didn't know how to respond because he was so lovestruck. The boy holding his hand may seem serious and grumpy, but he's very handsome and apparently has a soft side to him.

Suddenly, Naruto begins to realize that there are some missing pieces to this situation. Why doesn't he know his own name? Why is he a child, and not the teenager hes known himself to become? Who is this stranger?

Sasuke realizes that Naruto's mind is being tortured with questions and thoughts. He reaches out his hand and cups Naruto's cheeks over his whiskers with care and stares into his eyes deeply with concern.

"Is this...a dream?"