Aqua

We'd been back from visiting Kar's family for about a month now, and I was rushing back home after class when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked breathlessly. It was beginning to rain and I wanted to get home before it down poured.

"Is this Taylor Swift?"

"Yes, speaking."

"I'm Scott Borchetta, calling from Big Machine Records. A Karlie Kloss sent me your demo CD, and I'd really like if you'd come to the studio so we could talk more."

Ah that Karls, she was totally going to get it when I got home. I didn't think I could love her more at that moment.

"Uh, yes, of course!" I stammered. "When?"

"What works best for you?"

"Any day, after three usually. I have gigs sometimes downtown, and I have one at the bluebird cafe tomorrow night at 7."

"Well we could meet there, if you'd be okay with that, I'd like to see you perform in a raw setting."

"Sure, yes, definitely!"

"I'm looking forward to it Taylor, see you then!"

I hung up the phone and immediately dialed Karlie.

"I love you so fucking much right now!" I about near screamed, startling a couple walking down the sidewalk in front of me.

"Did Scott call you?" she asked. I could hear the grin in her voice and I couldn't stop my own smile from stretching across my face.

"Yes! He's coming to the bluebird tomorrow!" I squealed. "God I love you SO MUCH right now!"

She laughed on the other end of the phone. "I'm about 5 minutes away, I love you Karls."

"I love you too."

///

As I walked in the apartment, Kar was in the kitchen and I launched myself at her, kissing her hastily.

She grinned when I pulled away and laughed. "You don't have a gig tonight right?" she asked.

I shook my head as I took a carrot off the plate on the counter. "No, just tomorrow night."

"Wanna go out to celebrate?"

"Sure, where do you wanna go?"

"Pancake Pantry?" she suggested.

///

As we both tucked into our plates of food, Kar played footsie with me under the table. I gave her a look, smiling.

"You're in a good mood, what's up?"

"I just love you a lot is all." she grinned.

"I love you too."

We finished eating and I remembered I needed to go to the store to get cat food.

"Shit, we need to stop at the pet store quick. I need cat food."

As we pulled into the parking lot, Kar squealed as she saw a few puppies outside.

"I NEED to pet them oh my gosh."

*im literally Karlie whenever I go to the pet store, plus here's a picture of my puppies*

I laughed, lacing my fingers through hers as we walked to the doors.

***super lame update I know but I really haven't been in the right mindset to actually write anything good. couple drafts are sitting there & I need to decide what to do with them. stay tuned!