Pun Guy (Izuki x Reader)

“Hey, why does the mushroom always get invited to parties?”

“Why?”

“Because he’s a fungai! Get it?”

“Ughhh”

You roll your eyes as your best friend, Shun, texts you another one of his puns. You met him when you just moved in their neighborhood and happened to be next door neighbors. You went to the same middle school together but unfortunately, you two got separated when you had to move because of your father being promoted to a university professor. But you two still texted each other and haven’t lost contact with each other. You were still close as ever, and he still didn’t stop sending you pun.

Hey, Izuki, I gotta go. Mom’s calling me to help her with the chores.

Chore thing, (L/N)! Our game’s about to start anyway

Izuki stop. And good luck!

You dropped your phone on your bed and went to your mother to go help her in cooking. Your relatives are coming over, and your mother wanted to cook a big meal.

Your four year old sister sat on the table as your mother gush over the ingredients she needed.

“(f/n)! Finally! Help me prepare here!” your mother ordered you as you went to her side and started chopping some ingredients.

“I guess some chefs have some sizzling tempers and get easily steamed” you mutter to yourself. Your mother is a head chef in a five star restaurant and always has high taste in food. She’s really high standard when it comes to cooking and hates errors.

“Did I hear that right?” your little sister asked in disbelief after hearing you say that.

You, my friend, just said a pun. Which you barely do because of your hate towards them. You don’t like puns but meeting Shun made like them without your family knowing.

“I’m pretty sure you’re not deaf, so yeah” you shrugged putting the chopped vegetables in a bowl.

“I think I’m becoming one. I never thought I’d hear you say that” your sister said that got you all excited.

“Oh my god, that’s a good pun!” you excitedly shriek. Your sister gave you a horrified look and went running away while screaming.

“Onee-chan’s becoming like Shun-nii!”

“What? I don’t get your pun” your mother questioned while stirring up her soup.

You smiled and explained. “Because I told her she’s deaf, and then she was like ‘I never thought I’d hear you’!” you grinned childishly while your mother gave that expression ‘oh-my-god-she-became-a-pun-lover’.

“As your punishment, you’ll be the one grilling fish” your mother stated, giving you a fan and some charcoal. “Your father’s outside by the veranda. Get grillin”

“Grills are a hot item” you pun once again. “And you think I didn’t notice your PUNishment mom?”

“OH MY GOD JUST GRILL THOSE FISH!” your mother hollered in annoyance while you laughed your ass off.

“Izuki really needs to hear these pun made by (L/N) family!” you proclaimed disappearing off outside. Your mother heard what you said and sadly stared at the running water as she washes some fruits.

(F/N) misses Shun huh? She thought to herself. “I think he misses that little miss as well. Oh, I made a pun too!” little by little, pun virus invaded your family. Just kidding, only your mom.