Tall, Dark and Handsome (Aomine x RandomMale)

“Wakamatsu-san, are these all the freshmen signing up for the team?” Sakurai Ryo asked the new blonde captain of the Touou Gakuen basketball club, Wakamatsu Kosuke. The brunette 2nd year scanned the new applicants for a new year with his big amber eyes that had the word paranoid since there were several strong-looking freshmen aligned in front of them. The seniors started to orient the freshmen even though their team was incomplete. One was missing and we all know who it was; the ace scorer, prodigy, Aomine Daiki.

Ryo knew it’ll end up like this even though he tried to convince his classmate to attend the freshmen orientation trials.

He passed by the end of the line where a certain raven haired boy stood quietly with a passive look on his face. It caught his attention for a while before it was averted to the sudden boom of voice when Satsuki and Daiki entered the gym, with the basketball player being force to attend practice by his pink haired childhood friend.

“I told you we’re going to orient the freshmen today so as ace of the team, you have to attend!” Satsuki reprimanded the Ace, pushing him beside his captain who was infuriated that Daiki was again, late.

“Aomine you bastard! I told you to come didn’t I?!” he bellowed, popping a vein, comically sputtering blood out of his head while the poor Ryo prevented him murdering Daiki.

“What a drag” Daiki commented on how his captain is hot-headed and went to check-out if the freshmen looked strong enough for him.

He marched in front of them like a Corporal would in front of his cadets, intimidating each one of them; except for one player who kept an aloof expression when Daiki stopped in front of his spot.

It was enough to make the ace stop and glance at him while examining his face. “You…” Daiki murmured, being bothered by the face this certain freshmen was giving. “I don’t like the way you stare, stop it”

The freshman didn’t even flinch or budge on how menacing Daiki was. The two guys who were beside him were scared enough to run out of the gym out of fear.

The freshman blinked at Daiki still keeping that face on and said: “It’s my usual expression. You might as well get used to it” he said, coolly and looked like he was talking back to the ace where in fact, he just talks that way.

“Tch” Daiki popped a nerve, not liking this kid’s attitude. He was about to talk back at him when Satsuki pulled him away before he could even pick a fight with the poor freshman.

The trials went on and much to Daiki’s dismay, the freshman who talked back at him had made in the team, and even in the regulars because of the skillful way he handles the ball and his passes were exceptionally top-notch.

It was revealed that his name was Kyouya Hagane, a freshman, class 1-A and is said to be the valedictorian of the batch.

Several weeks of practicing with the official members, Hagane had redeemed the inner prodigy within him. Although he’s not as good as Daiki, he was a good player and supported his team fully with the incredible passes he exerted.

With the intellect he had, he’d make a good locum as the team’s new starter point guard, replacing Imayoshi Shoichi’s former position.

Even the coach was impressed with him, and even had an idea of making him a starter.

“Why would be a starter anyway? I bet he can’t even beat me on a one-on-one” throughout the week, Daiki kept complaining about his new teammate, Hagane who was a year younger than him.

Ryo, who was classmates with him again this year, sighed and regretted why he was seated just in front of this rowdy male.

He turned around to see a frowning Daiki and said: “He’s not that bad if you get to know him, Aomine-san. Hagane-kun is actually a nice kid. He even treated me a Popsicle once”

Daiki shot a look at Ryo and raised his eyebrow. “You’re on the first name basis and he treated you ice cream? Just what is your relationship with him?” he inquired; suspicion on his tone.

“Re-Relationship! Gosh, I’m not like that Aomine-san geez! It’s just an ordinary senpai-kohai relationship” Ryo replied shooting that embarrassed look at the skeptical looking Daiki. “Are you jealous?”

“What?! Are you implying that I’m gay?!” Daiki raised his voice enough for their classmates to look at him. He shushed down to avoid the attention and glared at Ryo.

“I’m not. I’m just asking why you even hate on the poor freshmen. It’s not like he’s done anything bad to you. The first meeting wasn’t a good one, but at least give the guy a chance” Ryo defended the point guard.

Daiki was taken a back and thought for a while. Maybe he was too judgmental. Maybe Hagane wasn’t the person he thought he was. Maybe… maybe he has something good in him.

Hagane wasn’t a perfect teammate.

He’s quiet. He’s anti-social. And can be ill-tempered to other people. These are one of the reasons he gets judged easily. But he doesn’t care about them. All he does is what makes him happy. Basketball. And that’s all that satisfies him right now.

“Hey” Daiki approached Hagane as the lad was just practicing his three pointers that the ace has been observing for a while. 8 out of 10 huh? Not bad.

“Aomine-san. What is it?” Hagane asked, his attention reverting to his older teammate.

Daiki flinched and blushed when Hagane had his eyes on him. He didn’t know this feeling but it surely made him nervous.

“Aomine-san?” Hagane noticed Daiki in a daze. He blinked at the tan before calling his attention once again. “Aomine-san, are you okay?” finally, Daiki snapped out of it.

“Wha-What? Ye-Yeah. I was just… uh…” Daiki babbled, trying to find the words to say. “Your… your, uh, the way you handle the ball is wrong and uh…” he continued to come up with excuses on why he approached the boy.

“Aomine-san” Hagane called Daiki’s attention before smiling. It was the first time he did that to someone for a while. “Thank you for the tips” he bowed politely before shooting another three and turned back to Daiki. “That one’s for you” he said before going back to the bench where his bag was.

Satsuki, who saw him talk with her childhood friend, asked what Daiki said now. Hagane assured her that he was only advising him tips on how to shoot and told her no need to scold him.

In the meantime, Daiki was still in a trance after seeing Hagane flash him a smile. He wanted to punch himself for thinking it was cute and had some gender conflicts in his mind. Ryo approached him without getting noticed and said something that caught Daiki off guard. “Do you have a crush on Hagane-kun or something?”

“Wha—” Daiki couldn’t say anything and was utterly speechless. It was enough for Ryo to confirm.

“Aomine-san, you’re blushing. It’s kinda cute of you” Ryo chuckled and smiled at his fellow 2nd year.

Meanwhile Hagane was drinking on the bench while staring at his two senpai’s converse. He smiled upon seeing that crimson color on the cheeks of the 2nd year.

Satsuki glanced at him and noticed how he has a charming appearance and out of nowhere, asked: “Ne, Kyouya-kun. If I may ask; do you have any type that you like?”

Hagane’s attention was put to the beautiful manager in front of him, while sipping on his water bottle cutely.

He’s totally attractive. Satsuki thought.

Hagane stared at her before letting out a chuckle and smiled at her making her internally swoon. “I don’t have anyone in my mind, but if I were to pick, it would be dark, tall, handsome and good in basketball” he answered before leaving his water bottle on the bench and continue practicing.

“Hmm… tall, dark and—wait handsome?!” Satsuki reacted and watched as Hagane requested Aomine to go teach him some basketball tricks. She smiled on how her childhood friend gets flustered whenever his kouhai is around. She giggled and proceeded in her job as a manager.  They look so cute together.

Ah my first yaoi request~ -w- so this is for @tatu-chan :) I just made it fluff but I hope you like it :) Thanks for requesting! 

Also posted Hagane's pic at the side :)