Daycare (Himuro x Murasakibara)

WARNING: SHOTA ATSUSHI AHEAD

It was just a normal day at the daycare; parents bringing their kids there as they leave for work. Children cries were heard all over the place; and a busy 20 year old caretaker trying to convince little Atsushi to come with him while trying to scoop him away from his mother’s arms.

Atsushi was an only child. His parents were busy enough to send him to daycare everyday as they go to work.

It made him nostalgic and sick of going there every day. And like any other day, it was hard to convince him to go with Taiga, the caretaker.

“C’mon Atsushi-kun, it’s just for today. Your parents are just going to work and they’ll pick you up later. In the meantime, we can go play with the other kids there, how’s that sound?” Taiga cajoled the little boy gripping onto his mother’s arms. He knows all of those were lies. That this isn’t the last time he’ll be brought here.

Atsushi shook his head stubbornly making Taiga heave a heavy sigh. He won’t budge now. Taiga lifted an eyebrow in sign of giving up.

He then remembered that there is a newly hired co-worker of his that seems to be pretty good with kids. Taiga recalled that he was just baking some snacks for the kids and told Atsushi’s parents that he’ll be right back.

He headed to the kitchen where he saw his fellow caretaker was placing dough cut cookies in the oven.

“Tatsuya, I need you to take care of Atsushi this time!!” pleaded Taiga desperately, pulling Tatsuya out of the kitchen with him still in his apron and still wearing mittens.

“Taiga, I’m still baking”

“I’ll do the baking for you! Just go and persuade Atsushi! He’s being stubborn again!”

“Ugh, fine”

Tatsuya groaned, removing his mittens and stripping off his apron, giving it to Taiga. He then proceeded to the counter where the Murasakibara family was waiting.

A small little boy was in his mother’s arms, crying and begging his parents to not go.

He felt sorry for the little Atsushi wailing for his mother’s care. But they had no choice. They have to go.

Atsushi’s mother set him down on the floor as he continued weeping and grabbing hold of his mother’s leg. Gently, Tatsuya lifted him up from the ground and whispered sweet things onto the child’s ear to calm him down while Taiga talked to his parents.

When Atsushi finally quiet down, Tatsuya brought him to the section where kids are playing. Unfortunately, the little boy obviously didn’t want to play with anyone when the caretaker placed him right next to the blonde little boy who cried when Atsushi threw a lego at him.

Yukio, their co-worker, came to the little boy’s aid and told Tatsuya that it’s best if he didn’t let Atsushi near other kids because he might hurt them.

The raven head followed his instructions and decided to bring Atsushi to a table where crayons and coloring books were placed. He gave some to the boy to play with but end up ripping the papers and chopping the crayons broken. Tatsuya sighed on how this kid could be a brat.

He noticed for the past few weeks that Taiga’s been having a hard time coping with the little boy.

But now he’s the one assigned to him, he doesn’t know how to get along with Atsushi.

A bowl of candies came upon his sight and a certain favorite snack caught Tatsuya’s eye. He stood up and headed to the counter where it was place as Atsushi glanced at him worriedly.

He grabs a hand full of them, planning to give some to the kid when he felt a tug at his pants. He gazed down the purple haired cutie, grasping on his clothing and burying his face onto the hem of his shirt.

“Don’t leave me alone…” Atsushi hiccupped with a cute baby voice. He looked up to show a tear-eyed face. “Nii-Nii-chan…” he wailed, about to cry when Tatsuya carried him in his arms again and shushed him.

“Don’t cry Atsushi. Here, have some candies” Tatsuya gave him one of his personal favorite candies. He remembered his father used to give him some when he was a kid. It calmed down Atsushi as he chomped on the sweets making the adult smile.

For the rest of the day, Tatsuya played with Atsushi while continuously giving him sweets. Taiga noticed this unbalanced diet and went to scold his co-worker and tell Atsushi that it isn’t healthy to eat sweets all day.

Atsushi hid behind Tatsuya not wanting to interact with other people except for Tatsuya. Taiga groaned and warned the black head to take care of Atsushi properly.

He did promise he’ll make Atsushi eat healthy foods as well.

Lunch came, and Tatsuya had to feed little Atsushi since he didn’t want to eat anything other than snacks. Taiga sighed and let his friend handle the brat and focused on feeding little Tetsuya.

The hour passed by and it was already nap time. Of course, Atsushi willfully didn’t listen to anything the caretakers would say and had to call Tatsuya who was busy doing the dishes. Taiga filled in his spot for him and told him to make Atsushi sleep.

Tatsuya carried little Atsushi again and decided to hum him a song which Atsushi falls asleep easily. He smiled seeing his little kid sleeping like an angel.

Taiga didn’t understand how on earth Tatsuya did it. He was able to make a headstrong childlike Atsushi listen to an adult. The kid doesn’t even listen to his parents for god’s sake!

The day ended, 4 in the afternoon when the Murasakibara couple came to take Atsushi home.

Hilariously, Atsushi didn’t want to go with them and clung onto Tatsuya like there’s no tomorrow when Taiga came to give him back to his family. It was like the scene earlier when Atsushi was with his mother.

Tatsuya knelt down and looked at Atsushi. “I’ll see you tomorrow Atsushi. We’ll play again” he smiled, promising that they’ll see each other again. The little boy believed him and did go home with his parents.

“Tatsuya-nii, can I take home some candy?” the purple head requested receiving a hand full from Tatsuya. He smiled cutely. “Thank you!” he says before running off to their car.

Tatsuya waved a hand goodbye, smiling to himself.

“You’ve grown close to him in a day. What’s up with that?” Taiga leaned on the counter looking at his friend who was looking happy.

“I don’t know. Maybe he’s just too cute for me that I can’t help but spoil him”

“He’s already spoiled though…”

Taiga sighed and went to clean up the empty and childless daycare for another day’s work tomorrow.