Ever (Nijimura x Reader)

“I’m home” you announce as you entered the front door of your house after a long day’s work. You’ve been working overtime these past few days because of the stack of paperwork your boss has been piling you up with. You wanted to finish it as soon as possible but the work seemed infinite. You remove your shoes and call out to your husband, Shuzo, calling to checking if he was home.

You glance at the clock and found out it was already quarter to 9 and you bet your husband and son are already asleep.

Going upstairs, you wondered why the lights were still open and found out that Shuzo and your son, Kichiro, sleeping on the couch, holding some construction in their hands and a few art materials on the coffee table. Seeing such sight, guilt invaded your chest as you recalled the promise you made to Kichiro about helping him make decorations for the festival their school is going to held.

The little boy was lying on his father’s lap while Shuzo was slumped on the couch, his head leaning on a pillow. You softly sat on the couch beside them, carefully not waking up Kichiro and giving him a soft kiss on the forehead. As you scooped your child in your arms, your husband Shuzo woke up and murmured your name while rubbing his eyes. “(f/n)?”

“shhh” you put your index finger on your lips before carrying Kichiro to his bedroom. Shuzo followed after you as you placed your son on the bed, tucking him in, and putting his blanket on top of him to prevent him from freezing from the cold weather. He nuzzled into his sheets and you can’t help but feel hurt that you’ve been missing out on his life.

“Welcome home” you felt Shuzo embrace you in his arms from the back, as he buried his face onto the crook of your neck. You rubbed his arms soothingly and gave him a quick peck on the lips before turning around to hug his warm chest. “What’s wrong honey?” he noticed you were a bit down.

You shook your head and buried your tear-eyed face onto his chest and sniffled his scent that made him chuckle.

“Are you smelling me again?” he snickered, putting his warm hands on your shoulders as you look up to him. “You only do that when you’re upset, what’s wrong?” Shuzo rubbed your shoulder soothingly as you exhaled a deep breath and sat on Kichiro’s bed once again.

“Shuzo…” you started, staring at your baby sleep like an angel. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry for not being a good mother to Kichiro… and sorry for not being a good wife to you” you apologized, a tear running down your cheek as tears continued to escape your eyes.

Shuzo stared at you, eyes widened as worry filled his eyes. He immediately took your side and hugged you comfortingly by rubbing your back.

“(F/N)… don’t cry… don’t cry…” he soothed you. “Don’t call yourself that. You’re not a bad mother, and you’re not a bad wife” you continued to cry knowing all of those were not true.

You were too occupied with work that you don’t even have time for your own child; even in simple school work.

Your husband had to look after him even if he has work himself. You hugged Shuzo back and continued to sob on his chest.

Soon after a few minutes, you finally calmed down. Shuzo was still trapping in you in a hug and you can’t believe you won over his heart. This perfect hell of a husband is stuck with a wife like you.

You pulled away and smiled at him. “Thank you for everything Shuzo. I love you” you say planting a smile on his face as well.

“I love you too, (F/N)” he kisses you on the lips softly. “I understand your hectic work schedule, and I’m sure you hate not spending time with us either. So it’s not your fault”

“But—”

“No buts. Stop crying over nothing. Kichiro and I loves you, and we would never thing badly of you, okay? To us, you’re the perfect wife and mother ever”

“Shuzo—”

“EVER”

You chuckled when he insisted in that ‘ever’ of his. You remember the times he was courting you and always pressed that ever in your: ‘I love you’ exchanges. Even in forever he always emphasized on the word.

“Loosen up will you? I can handle in helping Kichiro in school work. In the meantime, you can finish whatever your damn boss stacks you up with” Shuzo says pulling you into a hug again.

You cuddled with each other for a while before you felt some movement on the bed. You looked to Kichiro who was waking up and rubbing his cute big droopy eyes.

“Mommy, is that you?” he asks, looking at you.

You smile and scoop him in your arms and kissed his forehead. “Yes, baby, mommy is home” Kichiro didn’t say anything and just hug you. You hear a soft ‘yay’ escape his mouth, melting your heart. Shuzo smiled at the two of you and kissed his son’s forehead.

“Mommy, can you and daddy sleep with me tonight?” Kichiro requested staring up at you with pleading eyes. “I miss Mommy”

You smile and pressed your nose together with your son’s. “Is that so? I miss you too, honey”

Kichiro giggled and latched himself onto you. “I hate mommy’s boss. He makes mommy work that makes her tired. Mommy should take a rest”

You giggle and place Kichiro back on the bed. “I will. And me and daddy would love to sleep with you. But mommy has to change into her pajamas okay?”

“Okay” Kichiro cutely smiled at you as you head back to your and Shuzo’s room. You made a quick change and head back to Kichiro’s room where you saw Shuzo already lying beside your son.

You lie right at the other end, with Kichiro in between you two as you nuzzled in the heat sheets, absorbing each other’s warmth.

“You’re the best mommy ever” you hear your son say making you glance at Shuzo who mouthed ‘I told you’.

You can help but smile and feel lucky to have a family like this.

HEY! I UPDATE WOOOOHHH 

A NIJIMURA ONE-SHOT FOR CARL THE KILLER! THANKS FOR REQUESTING U AWESOME DOOD