Not Good

I stayed in my room sitting by my door, looking up at the ceiling.
With nothing else to think about, my mind wandered back to yesterday. I had answers to some of my questions, but I wanted to know more about him. Suddenly I wished that I had been invited for longer. But at the same time I didn't, he would be rescued soon, I knew it. Maybe Jeanie had something to do with it.
Jacob didn't know she'd helped me get dressed today, yet she somehow knew I was a mix breed. That left one other person to have told her, Nate.
I wanted to ask him if he knew her, if something was happening, and if so, what?
When I heard a knock on my door however I sighed. I didn't want to talk to The Alpha again, he scared me.
However I stood up anyways and opened my door.
It was Jeanie.
"Hey, I thought you'd come back here." She smiled and I opened my door further to let her in but she shook her head.
"No thanks I won't take long. I just wanted to make sure you were still alive." She told me.
"Jeanie, how did you-"
"No time for questions I gotta go." She told me poking my nose. The action startled me into not talking long enough for her to head down the hall way.
I watched her leave before frowning, but just as she turned the corner out of sight I spotted the Alpha coming around the corner in the opposite direction. And judging by his frustrated look and disheveled clothes, he had either been training in combat, or he'd gone to see Nathaniel.
I blinked at him tempted to close my door, but he'd grow more suspicious than he was now as he stared at me with a frown.
"Why are you just staring out into the hallway like that? Did someone come and talk to you?" He asked as he walked up, rolling his sleeves down.
"Someone knocked on my door." I shrugged not mentioning that there had been someone on the other side.
Jacob frowned looking both ways down the hall before shutting the door behind him.
"Do you know if anyone's figured out you're a mutt?" He asked me pushing me further into my room.
I suddenly didn't like him closing the door so much. I didn't like the block from the public.
"No." I said simply while folding my arms.
He grabbed my arm to hold me still as he smelled me but I pulled my arm away.
"I put on that dumb perfume ok? I wouldn't just walk out of here without covering my scent."
He rose a brow.
"Why? Why are you keeping it a secret?" He asked looking suspicious.
I hadn't really thought about it, it just seemed like a good idea. But I didn't want to admit that.
"I'm trying to stay alive. It'll be easier if people aren't prodding at me for being mix breed, not just an Omega."
He hummed and nodded excepting my explanation.
"That's true." He grumbled with a frown as he thought to himself.
Then he looked back at me.
"What have you been doing?"
"Staying here."
"What have you been doing in here?" He persisted making me frown.
"Why do you care what I do?"
"Answer me!" He barked making me jump.
"I've just been sitting in here." I told him with a frown. "Happy?"
"No I'm not." He told me bluntly and I took a few steps away from him.
I didn't like being so close to him, I wished that he'd keep his distance for once.
After a minute of silence I spoke again.
"Do you know why we were attacked?" I asked him gently but he shook his head.
"No. I can only assume he was trying to kill me. Which is punished with silver injection."
I swallowed and looked away trying to hide the wrenching feeling in my chest at his words.
Silver injection wasn't a fast death. Getting shot in the heart with a silver bullet would be faster, not waiting for the metal to creep through your veins, burning you alive.
"Is that what you're going to do?" I asked him not looking back at him.
"Yes. Tomorrow night. If you care to stay that long, you can see him before the sentence is givin." I closed my eyes as rage bubbled in my chest.
Why would I want to see him right before he died? I had to see him now, I needed to.
"Is that all you came to tell me?" I asked and he nodded.
"Yes. If you want, you can join me for lunch, but you'd need to change, we're going out."
I looked back at him with a glare.
"No thanks. I'd rather not be your lap dog." I told him expecting him to frown.
But instead, he rose a brow.
"Why so angry? Did I say something to upset you?" He asked stepping towards me.
I took another step back hitting my bed and fell to sit on it.
"Leave me alone." I growled at him when he leaned closer grabbing my chin.
"That's not an answer." He told me leaning closer.
My heart was hammering in my chest as I continued to glare at him my arms and legs shaking.
"You, upset me." I said simply trying to keep my voice from shaking.
His eyes narrowed softly before he suddenly let go of me and stood straight.
"Whatever. Starve then, see if I care." He told me before leaving.
I popped my jaw feeling part of my cheek bruise and glared at the door with hatred before standing up and walking over slamming it close.
After doing that, I shut my eyes, my ears perking up. I traced his steps until he had left out the front door with his friends and their girlfriends.
Then I opened my door looking both ways down the hall before shutting the door behind me and heading towards the dungeons.