For You

I flinched, my eyes snapping open when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I sat up looking over at Terrence.
"It's getting late, you should go to bed." He told me and I frowned softly.
"But.." I bit my lip looking out the window.
"I'll go out and watch for your mate." He rolled his eyes.
"Are you sure?" I asked sitting up. "I mean, he doesn't know where I am. I don't know if he even knew where my old house was."
The red head tapped my shoulder before gesturing for me to follow.
Reluctant to leave the window, I got up and followed after him. The house we were currently in wasn't very large, a living room, a kitchen/dining room that clearly wasn't used, and a small bedroom off to the side.
I blinked at the bed as he stepped back.
"You need sleep, don't worry about the Rouge fella, I'm sure he'll come back to get you tomorrow. Why come for you in the night?" He asked as I turned to him.
"But, I just don't want him to think I left, or that I'm not ok."
Terrence rose a brow at me making me fidget.
"But, are you ok? I mean, most people would be having a rather difficult time having their parent die."
"I'm fine!" I told him stubbornly. He only hummed disbelievingly before nodding at the bed.
"I'll be back, probably after sunrise."
"How do you handle..the sun?" I asked quickly, it was one of the many things I'd wondered, and it gave me a chance to change the subject.
Terrence blinked at me somewhat surprised at my question before thinking about it.
"Well, I do burn, but it's more like a, really bad sun burn, and if I use sunscreen I'm pretty ok." He then ruffled my hair.
"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." He told me and held up a tube of sun block.
I offered a tired smile and he nudged me towards the room again.
"You're not gonna miss him if you shut your eyes for a few hours." He assured me and I nodded.
"Ok ok.." I relented but frowned at the bed.
"Are you sure it's ok?" I asked and the were-vamp sighed.
"Just go to bed." He told me as he walked off towards the front door.
I watched him go before a yawn escaped my mouth, I really did need sleep, and I couldn't put it off forever, that'd only make things worse. So, slowly, I made my way over and sat down, stretching a good amount before laying down on my side, staying close to the edge of the bed. I didn't know Terrence that well, and as hospitable as he's been, he could flip on a dime. I didn't want to be caught off guard around him.