The Promise

I'd cleaned up the best I could.
My eyes weren't puffy or red thanks to some warm water and a few towels. I covered my pale skin with some makeup to make it seem as though I had color in my face, it was very subtle though and I couldn't cover my burned lips since they were still tender.
As for my outfit I didn't care that it was the Alpha, I dressed in a regular T-shirt and long jeans that reached the ground along with my regular sneakers.
Then I braided my hair back with some bangs in my face and pulled on my beanie. Then I pulled on my leather jacket, and gloves. Finally, for the first time since I came here, I felt at least a little comfortable.
The knock that came was loud and hard, I frowned at the door, it was the only thing separating me from him now, but if I didn't open it. He would, and since he'd broken the lock on it yesterday, it wouldn't be very hard for him.
I took a deep breath before walking over and opening my door.
It was Jacob, of course, but what surprised me was that a guard was with him, along with...
"Nathaniel?" I asked in shock. He looked better than the last time I'd seen him, but not by much. His black eye seemed fresh now, and his lip was split open and I could only imagine the rest of the bruising under his clothes covering his torso.
"Hey." He was still smiling as he saw me, until he noticed the burn I had.
He finally stopped smiling, and I looked at the ground holding back new tears.
"I said you could see him before his sentence was given." Jacob said simply and my eyes snapped up to meet his. I was too shocked to glare at him, he had moved up his execution. Nathaniel didn't seem surprised, infact he spoke up.
"Can't I get a last wish?" He asked with a raised brow.
The Alpha frowned at him.
"What?" He snapped harshly, I suddenly wanted to slap him again, only much harder now.
"Can I get one minute with her alone?" He asked gesturing at me with a nod of his head.
Jacob growled before the guard cleared his throat in reminding him.
Each condemned prisoner had rights to a last Wish, as long as they didn't wish themselves free, the wish had to be respected.
Begrudgingly he nodded and the guard released the silver restraints around his wrists.
My mind was spinning as he quickly walked towards me slipping by me into my room and closing the door.
Then he pulled me close in a hug.
His arms were strong even with the obvious torture he'd endured. I hugged him back clinging to his shirt as I just started crying.
"I'm sorry." I murmured to him burying my face in his shoulder.
"Don't be, I know it wasn't your fault." He'd said it with a growl as he held me tighter.
I wanted to tell him to escape now, but there were no windows, no way for him to get out. He couldn't get away.
"You look good, it's nice to see something that suits you for a change." He smiled gently making me smile a little.
But my smile faltered.
'Are you going to get away?' I asked him through our link.
'Yes, but I might not see you again for a while. Stay strong for me?'
I only nodded as I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly.
'I will find you Again, I promise.' He told me holding me closer, our foreheads touching as we shared a small moment of silence.
"Do you know who I am?" He asked me gently.
I nodded pulling away a little as some tears slipped down my cheeks.
"Yes."
"And?" He asked me with a nervous smile, I sniffled with a small smile of my own.
"Moon accepts you as her mate."