Bataille du passé

The girl ran, her armor moving comfortably around her. She jumped to the top of the stone spire in the middle of the hidden pond, stoping to rest. Suddenly, the spike she'd been evading stuck through the armory on her back, sticking into her stomach and back. Her scream rang out through the night, and her kwami was thrown out of the choker around her neck. It stared In horror as the man holding the spike grinned, reaching to pull the choker from her neck.

The Kwami's eyes widened, and she dove straight at the left eye of the girl.

"Ami.. antlers... on..." she choked, as the choker disconnected from her neck. The Kwami screamed, close to disappearing. She collided with her carrier's eye, and the choker fell into the man's hand, limp and deprived of energy. He seethed, hurling it into the water.

"How?! That miraculous was supposed to be mine!" He screamed.

The girl's eyes opened.

"Chat... I loved you," she hissed. The wound in her stomach slowly stopped bleeding, the hole in her armor revealing her intact back as if she'd never been wounded. She grabbed the ring from the finger of the man in front of her. Slowly, antlers and ears procured from her head, a tail behind her. The man's eyes widened as the metal ring slipped from his grasp, and he watched as the woman put it into a box, and then a bag.

"You were supposed to be mon chaton." She seethed. "You were NOT supposed to TURN ON ME!" Her shrieking voice bounced off the cliff like walls of stone surrounding the pond, cracking and shaking.

"Mon cerf..." he whispered, fear in his eyes.

"No." She replied. "Not anymore."

And with a push, he fell into the holy waters below, Stoney hands rising to pull him deeper, seaweed women shrieking with delight and excitement as they tore him apart.

"Je ne suis pas le cerf de quelqu'un."

***

As a quick explanation, this chapter is about Binx's ancestors! Cool, right? I actually don't hate this chapter because one-year-ago me was apparently a master of fight scenes? I suck at them now. 

Thanks for reading everybody!

-Bee