La nouvelle façon

In the next few weeks, Binx and Marinette hung out less. Marinette needed to hang out with Alya, and the rest of her friends from class. However, Binx had less of a socail life. Sure, Binx was less awkward, and always said hi to everyone, but she didn't have real friends.

Her only friend besides Marinette was Adrien. But he had other friends too. He had been hanging out with her a ton, so he'd decided to hang out with Nino again. Binx was alone for a while- she'd been alone forever, but now the lack of Adrien sneaking up behind her, and sneaking out at night to hang out with her made her feel sort of lonely.

"uhggggggggggggg." She groaned, flopping back on her bed. It was Saturday, so her shop was closed. She had all day to do what she wanted, but what could she do?

"I'll just open instagram explore." She grumbled.

***

BINX POV

I take out my phone, scrolling through the explore page on instagram. I love the videos that pop up here, but I usually don't look at it because it's a bit boring.

Suddenly, I recognize a video that popped up on my feed. It's the news story.

I frown, growling a little in my throat.

"Today Paris Citezen, Binx Martin, Singed a contract with Bcuteshop; an online website that sells cute decorations and clothes. The contract places her as the new designer for the shop, But it stops her from selling her designs once they're on Bcuteshop's website. Bcuteshop is refusing to pay the girl because she isn't old enough to actually have a job; however, Binx runs her own shop, a small one below her apartment in the center of Paris. Since Binx has permission from her parents to work here, it is perfectly legal for her to get jobs, but Bcuteshop is overlooking this."

The footage of the news story cuts of and is replaced by a picture of me. I blink in surprise, reading what it says on the screen.

This is Binx Martin, in her shop. A group of bloggers from all around Paris went to see it.

They said in their writing that Binx was mesmerizing; she was nice, and made you want to keep talking.

These bloggers have started a petition against Bcuteshop's treatment of the girl. Today it finally got enough signatures to be valid; It is being reveiwed with the owners of Bcuteshop and the results will be out on-

(Ok so I think I randomly changed her last name? Sorry T-T)

I squeal. The results will be out Today?!?!?

I flip open my laptop, and search "Bcuteshop Binx petition results"

It comes up right away; Bcuteshop tried to deny the petition. I feel growing dread but as I keep reading it dissapears. There were legal problems in my contract?!?

I smile as I continue to read through. This is awesome! The website reads that Bcuteshop would start to pay me 25% of all the profit from my designs, but it's a legal site, and it also says I would be liable to sue for how much they'd already stolen from me. I grin, scrolling quickly past the ads to get to the end of the post.

If Binx Martin did decide to sue Bcuteshop, she would be highly sucsessful and may even be renegotiated to 50% of profits or more, and would be credited on all items designed by her. A smart move would be to close down her own shop and fight for the rights to open up a Bcute officail store. I have contacted the company about these claims and they have responded that they will not reveal further information, but a friend of mine working for the company has informed me that my idea is being reveiwed by the legal section hired for this case. 

(IDK how law works whoops)

I squeal, falling back onto my bed.

"Yes, yes yes!!!"

I reach for my phone to call Marinette; who was there when I got screwed by the shop in the first place, but end up calling Adrien, because I told him about the company screwing me when I hung out with him as Chat Noir. He picks up right away but immediatley says-

"One sec, Nino!" the way he says it is a signal to me. I can't be Cat right now. "Hi Binx. You're on speaker phone." He adds, just to make sure I get the message. I smile at how suspicous he sounds, but I know Nino will only shrug it off as Adrien being weird.

"Hey Adrien!" I say, brightly. "Guess what??" I know he hears the grin in my voice because he chuckles.

"I saw." He says immideatly. "I was watching the news this morning. What will you do?" He adds. I can imagine in my head how confused Nino is by that.

". I was reading some legal blog who said that I could fight for 50% of all future profit on my designs and ownership of an officail Bcute shop here."

"That's awesome!" He replies. then, there's a pause.

"Take me off speaker." I say. He probably nods, but I wouldn't know because I can't see him through the phone.

"Alright. You're off." He says. "What is it?"

"Can you hang out later?" I ask. "I'm so bored. Marinette has been hanging out with Alya for like all of when you were on vacation the last two weeks, and she's got some venue or something that she got herself into with Jagged stone again." He chuckles.

"I wish I could." He says. "Nino is sleeping over so I can't."

"Alright." I sigh. "Maybe in a few days, though? Cause I'm bored and there's no one to hang out with." I hear him laugh.

"Tomorrow." He says. "I promise." I smile, and nod, then remember he can't see me.

"Thanks. I guess you have to go then?"

"Yeah." He replies, probably laughing at me a bit.

"Bye." I laugh back.

"Bye." He replies, and I hang up the phone, grinning.

yes.

***

mmmmMMMMMMMMM I love their phone call thanks, they're so cute X3

whoops it's been so long since I wrote this that I actually don't remember what happens so I'm fangirling along at the fluffy moments XD

Thanks so much for reading,

-Bee