Bittersweet

(AAH I finally did it. Took me a while cause I was catching up on Voltron- don't @ me- Anyways I have to put a DISCLAIMER. This chapter contains a TINY spoiler. Don't get put off by it because literally I don't explain in any detail what happened, who it happened to or when this event happened so in hindsight it is not a spoiler. It is a very brief description of an event that happens in the manga. So yeah just wanted to say that. Also this chapter is quite crucial to the plot so you don't really want to miss it. If you really don't want to read the quote on quote 'spoiler' than I will add a line of stars or something after the 'spoiler' part. Bye)

Kirishima

Blank. White. Abyss. The chaos of silence.

Only one single noise disturbs this chaos, the sound of a repetitive beeping. It's getting quite annoying actually. Kirishima turns his head to the right trying to find the cause of the noise. However the first thing he notices is his calm boyfriend sleeping in the chair beside him. His ash blonde bangs cover most of his face and he sits slumped in the plastic chair. He looks beautiful, a sight that Kirishima has been able to see every morning before he goes to school for the past month or so. His face is completely relaxed and the lines that his frowns used to make are non-existent as he slumbers. His lips lightly pursed as he dreams, soft and inviting. His eyelashes are long and curled. (Something that he never admitted to even though he mocks Kirishima about his girlish eyes) What a silly hypocrite.

He lets the boy slumber while he tries to adjust to his surroundings. To do this he needs to sit up and when he does, he feels a sharp jab sink into his side as if he has been stabbed by a knife. The sheer pain of it causes him to yelp in an unmanly manner and thud back down into the bed. Sharp short breathes puff out of his mouth. The sound he made must have been quite loud because he can hear some shuffling beside him. The beeping continues. Before he knows it he feels an icy hand press against his forehead. He slides his eyes to the right and looks into Bakugou's eyes. They have lost their sharp edge and instead are immensely soft like melting lava. Bakugou watches him as worry slowly starts to cloud his eyes.

Bakugou uses the remote control attached to the seat to enable Kirishima to sit in a semi upright position. Know he is able to see where the beeping sound is coming from, he can also see his arms which are bandaged in thick casts and he can see the interior of the hospital room around him. The pain in his side lingers but it's not as bad anymore. Bakugou sighs deeply and presses his face into his hands. Kirishima watches him as he slowly lifts himself back up again.

"Fuck. Eijirou I was so fucking worried." He barely whispers. Even though his voice was low the meaning and reverence in the tone of his voice strikes Kirishima in the heart.

"Katsuki..." he whispers softly before he can continue Bakugou puts his hand up to stop him.

"What the fuck happened Ei? They only told me about the injuries but not the cause. What happened?" Kirishima shakes his head. The details of the event are quite blurry, he looks deeply into Bakugou's eyes and wracks his brain for answers.

And then it clicks.

The memories come rushing so fast that he feels as if his chest has punched and he hunches over slightly feeling winded. The memories rush through his brain like a sped up movie, various voices cloud his head in a thick black ball of trauma. Before he knows it he can taste the semi salty-sweet taste of tears on his lips. Bakugou springs into action and sits on the hospital bed, his large comforting hands sit on Kirishima's shoulders. The tears are never ending and between sobs he manages to blubber some words "I-I was supposed to be unbreakable" "I couldn't protect them..." "Katsuki I failed I....."