Chapter 5

Evelyn's POV

     I had walked for some time. The sun was beginning to get lower so it was definitely getting closer to night time. My crying had stopped at one point, but it started back up again because the realization of being lost hit me. The desire to know where I was and what time it was, was killing me.

     I wonder what my parents were doing right now. Looking for me? I wasn't sure.

     The sun was hot despite being low in the sky. Maybe there was shade somewhere close. Hopefully I would find it soon, but I had been saying that for the past few hours.

     After a few more minutes, I tripped and fell flat on my face. I shouldn't have thrown my cane. The ground was rough and cool despite the sun beating on it constantly. I started feeling the thing that I tripped on, expecting it to be a rock or small desert plant.

     It was smooth and round, almost like a pot for plants. I continued to feel it and found a flower in it. What was a pot with a flower doing all the way out here? In fact, the flower was recently watered.

     "Hello?" I slightly yell out like some dumb chick in a horror movie. That thought gave me a chill. I listened for a few minutes but heard nothing. I'm going to be killed. I started to laugh at the thought until I heard wind chimes. I'm definitely going to be killed. I ignored the thought and stood up. I was probably at a house and whoever lived here just wasn't in or couldn't hear me yet, but the thought of being murdered still stayed in my mind.

     I dusted myself off as best as I could and moved around the pot so I wouldn't trip on it. "Hello?" I called out again, frustrated. My hand went through my now tangled hair. A light breeze made the wind chime ring with music again.

     I stuck my hand out to feel for anything and walked slowly towards the wind chime. "Just letting you know I'm fully blind if you are here. I don't know if you are going to kill me or help me but just letting you know." I lazily said, even though I instantly regretted my words.

     My hand suddenly hit something dirty. I felt around and guessed that it was an old window pane of some sort. I was at the corner of this building. Why was it all the way out here? I shrugged the question out of my head and continued walking, now using the building to guide me.

     Suddenly I bump into a person who seemed to have a rock hard body. They must work out. "I-I'm sorry. I was yelling hello earlier." The very sculpted person with some probably chiseled abs didn't respond. They didn't even move a muscle. "Excuse me?" I reach out to touch them, though I don't know why exactly.

     My hand collides with soft smooth stone. Stone? My hand moves around. It was still stone. I felt a stone face, stone torso, stone arms. No wonder they seemed chiseled and sculpted. They were! I smiled. Sculptures are so beautiful, especially the ones of people.

      Could this be one of those garden places with tons of plants and sculptures? It sounded about right. I was glad I had figured it out, now hopefully there were people here.

     I decided to walk along the building, hitting a few sculptures and plants as I walked. A lot of people in the sculptures seemed to be running or scared. It was odd. Usually sculptures of people were to show beauty or significance. I shrugged and continued on.

     As I was running my hand along the dirty windows, a shard happened to be sticking out and pain began to spread along my hand. "Fuck!" I yelled. Blood began to slowly run off my hand.

      I felt my fist go through the window even though I hadn't thought about punching it out. The sound of shattering glass filled my ears. A few shards found their way into my skin as the glass was falling to the ground.