The worst birthday ever...

Authors Note- This chapter includes an Infinty War spoiler and if you haven't seen IW yet and do not want it spoiled DO NOT read this chapter- please don't get mad at me if you ignore this warning! (Everyone has probably seen it at this point but you never know)

-------------------

The day started off as usual with Gamora, Bucky, Sam, T'Challa, Wanda, Groot, Peter, Doctor Strange, Quill, Drax and Mantis trying to figure any possible escape routes from this strange world that they were trapped in after Thanos snapped his fingers and wiped out half of the Universe- and after Thanos threw Gamora off a cliff for the soul stone. None of them knew where they were or how to escape- if they could escape that was. But today Peter Parker decided to try and help the others. He usually sat off somewhere until someone (usually Bucky, Gamora or Wanda) came over and gave him some company, or if he was having another nighmare/ panic attack, they did happen often. Peter could also tell who were trying to keep their distance and it was mostly Sam and T'Challa who didn't speak to him- Peter accepted this and didn't bother them.

"What's the day?" He asked in a quiet voice- deep down he knew but he wanted to check- because this was the day he had been dreading ever since he left Tony on Titan.

"Um it is August 10th." He heard Doctor Strange tell him

"Oh..." was all he managed to say. Although he already knew- hearing it out loud made everything so much worse. He wanted to be back home with Aunt May, Ned and MJ watching Star Wars and go out to the Pizza restaurant down the street and have a good day at his home- with his family. But he was stuck here, and he had never felt so alone in his life.

"What's wrong Peter?" Wanda asked him sitting down next to the boy. She could feel something was wrong with him, something more than usual.

Peter wiped away the stray tear away from his eye, looked up and Wanda and mumbled a quick "nothing." Then told her to go back and sit with the others as they needed her more than he did. Wanda begrudgingly got up and left him alone as that is what he seemed to want.

"What's up with him then, because I dont want to look at his mopey face all day." Sam harshly asked, forgetting that Peter could hear every word he was saying.

"He won't tell me so I'm assuming it's bad, so please don't be to harsh on him." Wanda told Sam with sorrow in her eyes. She really felt for the kid, he was only 16 and was already caught up in this mess.

"Back to the plans" T'Challa asked, ignoring the situation at hand.

"Sure, but we have tried everything dude." Quill said, clearly fed up.

"I am Groot?" Groot suggested

"Good idea Groot. I'll go over now." Mantis replied.

Mantis walked over to Peter and placed her hand on his shoulder and began to slowly cry. "He feels sorrow and longing." Mantis told the group. They knew Peter felt off today- but they didn't know why or what was wrong. Sam quickly looked down.

"Peter." Gamora said gently, he looked up "What's going on?" Gamora's tone made Peter want to cry even more than he did before. He couldn't hold it back so he sat on the floor and let the tears fall. Gamora pulled him into a hug. She released the boy when his crying had calmed.

"Please, I don't want to talk about it, please don't make me." The boy begged.

"Just talk to us when you feel up to it then Kid." Bucky said soothingly. Peter just nodded. Everyone understood and left him alone.

Peter went off to sit back in his little corner and just replayed the events of his 16th birthday in his head- it was his last birthday on Earth where he had spent the day with those who loved him, he even got a card and present from Tony which topped off his day. It was perfect- he had a Star Wars birthday cake, which was a combination of chocolate and vanilla cakes and it was perfect. The only thing missing was Uncle Ben who Peter missed dearly.

"I'm sorry for leaving you Aunt May- we''re trying to figure out an escape plan so I can come home. I hoped to be home for my birthday- I remember our plans for today- we were going to go and get my licence and we had the car picked out, then we were going to go to that Thai place down the road and watch a movie when we got back with MJ, Ned and Mr Stark if he was able to make it. I miss you all May." Peter muttered in attempt to make himself feel better. He decided that Aunt May wouldn't have wanted him to be alone so he wandered over to the others who were sat in a circle. He quietly sat down next to Bucky and felt the eyes on him. "How's it coming?" Peter asked- remembering his mental promise to May.

"Not good Pete, not good." Wanda answered begrudgingly.

"Are the communication systems working?" Peter asked, trying to help.

"That was obviously the first thing we tried, Jesus." Sam brutally replied

"Oh..." Peter said, miffed at the tone of Sam's response. Peter opened his mount to make another suggestion.

"Look we don't need a 16 year year old child trying to outsmart the adults." Sam told him- shutting Peter down

"I'm 17." He said in a small voice

"Since when?" Sam sharply asked- most of the others knew the answer, they all looked devastated for the boy. Well all apart from Drax who was just mostly confused.

"Today." Peter choked out.

Everyone just fell silent.