Comfort

Authors Note- Wow I'm such a bad author. Sorry for abandoning everything for the past few months, heres a consolation update (sorry, its not the best)

Peter had an embarrassing secret that only Aunt May Ned and Tony knew about: in order to sleep he had to have his stuffed Bear who he called Paddy. Now Paddy was one of the only remaining things Peter still had that his parents had given him- and in a way it made Peter feel closer to them. Of course this couldn't stay secret for much longer as being noticed by Tony Stark and the Avengers meant that Peter had to stay over at the Compound every weekend. Peter had managed to keep Paddy a secret for about 6 months until one day when Sam was on cleaning duties of the rooms and it so happened that Peter had forgot to make his bed that morning and Sam had found Paddy.

Sam was delighted at the fact that he had something else that he and Clint could tease Peter about, but he was also slightly concerned as this kid fought huge threats and still needed a teddy bear to sleep with. Sam quickly finished his duties and went straight to the Common room where he knew the Avengers would be, he couldn't wait to use this new little fact that Sam knew in his favour. Sam walked into the room and saw Peter, Natasha, Clint, Steve and Bucky

"All clean!" Sam chipped as he sat on the sofa. Everyone turned to look at the man- confused as to why he was in such a good mood.

"What have you done to my bed Wilson?" Natasha asked suspiciously; she was all too familiar with Sam's antics.

"I made your bed." He shot back sticking his tongue out. Natasha rolled her eyes making a mental note to check her bed before she got into it. "Anyways it's not you who should be worried." Everyone suddenly groaned as no one wanted to be pranked, Peter was saying a silent prayer and hoping that Sam had not found Paddy.

"Mr Wilson? Can you tell us please?" Peter politely asked, everyone else nodding in agreement.

"Well if you all want to know, it's about the baby of our team who at age 15, still owns a teddy bear." Sam taunted- Peter went bright red and buried his face in his hands.

"That. Is. Fucking. Gold." Clint spluttered, barely being able to talk from laughing. Natasha was smirking at the boy and even Steve was trying to suppress the laughter. Bucky just frowned. Peter however, was mortified that the team had found out the one thing he wanted to keep secret.

"Is the silly, little baby sad." Sam mocked.

"Don't say that he might cry!" That was was Natasha- who Peter thought was above this.

"Poor silly, little baby!" Clint shouted, pretending to cry just to emphasize his point.

Peter was getting angrier and angrier by the minute- the only thing that he had from his parents he was being mocked for. That bear grounded him whenever he was having a nightmare, it was something physical that showed that his parents loved him- it showed that he even had parents before the Universe decided it was Orphan'O'Clock for Peter Parker.

"You are all quick to mock me but do you all want to know why I have that bear?" Peter asked maliciously

"Actually we would." Steve answered in amusement. The others looked eager.

Peter took a deep breath in "Paddy was the last thing my Parents gave me that I still have today- it was given to me on my 4th birthday, we named him together in our little, perfect family. They died a year later. That be a reminds me that my parents are not just a figment of my imagination and did truely exist. But if you all want to laugh and mock me then that is up to you but that does just make you a bunch of assholes!" The boy explained- his voice wavering dangerously when he spoke about his parents- the team knew very little of Peters parents as the subject was far too sensitive for him.

"Assholes." Peter thought he heard Bucky snap.

Everyone in the room was in shock. Natasha, Clint, Steve and Sam all felt very guilty, without saying another word Peter left the common area to find Tony in his lab. When he arrived in the billionaires lab, he simply sat down on the nearest chair and looked completely miserable from what had just happened. Tony saw this and sat next to him, wanting to find out what had upset the kid.

"Underoos? What's going on? Are you okay?" Tony asked- his voice filling with concern.

"They found out about Paddy and took the piss out of me for him. All of them except Bucky, they laughed at me until I explained why I have the bear- because everyone loves a good dead parents story. Then they looked as if I had slapped them in the face with a wet fish." Peter grumbled

What Peter hadn't noticed was that Tony was not alone in his lab- Bruce was there too and heard every word of what Peter had said. Tony pulled the boy into an awkward side hug.

"What a bunch of dicks!" Tony practically shouted angrily. Although the thought of a 15 year old havin a stuffed Bear was amusing to some, all of the team had dead family members and must know that what that person gave you was treasured.

"I still have mine kid."

Peters head snapped up from Tonys shoulder at the sound of the soft, yet angry voice of Bruce Banner from behind him. "Really? So I'm not a stupid baby?" He asked, still upset from how the others reacted beforehand.

"Of course not Pete! Having the bear is a perfectly normal thing for someone who has been through what you have at the age you did- in fact its a better coping method than most have. And I'm a doctor and they are not so if you want an opinion take mine."

Peter looked over at Bruce with his eyes filling up. "Thank you Dr Banner."

Peter detached himself from Tony and was told what the two men had been working on and the three quickly resumed their science. However they were interrupted by a knock on the glass and the faces of four ashamed Avengers and one very pissed off assassin. They were allowed to enter.

"Look kid, we're sorry. What we did was wrong and we shouldn't have mocked you." A very ashamed Steve confessed

"Yeah Peter, you shouldn't mock someone for things like that. So I'm sorry too." Nat followed

"Sorry, I guess I got carried away- I'm sorry too." Sam muttered scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm a Dad so I should have stopped all this. But kid, I'm so sorry. We should have asked before mocking you." Clint said, looking very guilty.

Peter looked at all of the Avengers before him and half smiled "It's okay, thank you for apologizing"

With that everyone went back to the Commons to watch a movie and remembered to never laugh at anyone before they knew the story.