A Bedtime Song

Authors Note- I'm so sorry for officially being an awful author. My Christmas period has been hectic to say the least and I low key forgot about all of my other responsibilities oops. But anyways here's an average one shot to try to make up for over a month without uploading.

-------------------------------

It was totally by accident that the Avengers found out that Peter Parker could sing. Three weeks after the actual adoption when Tony was having yet another nightmare Peter went in woke him up, give his dad the biggest bear hug and told him that he would be okay and that he wasn't there, he was here.

"Dad I'm going to lay you down in bed and put the covers over you okay?" The boy said gently- Tony briefly nodded in response.

Then to Tony's surprise his son started to sing to him in the most soft, calm and gentle voice that Tony had ever heard.

"I would like to leave this city
This old town don't smell too pretty
And I can feel the warning signs
Running around my mind"

Tony felt himself start to drop off to sleep- he had no idea Peter had this in him. Peters voice was just so calming. Peter saw his father slowly giving and beginning to fall asleep, so Peter continued.

"And when I leave this island
I'll book myself into a soul asylum
Cause I can feel the warning signs
Running around my mind."

Peter wasn't sure if his Dad was asleep or not so he continued to sing to him.

"So here I go
Still scratching around in the same old hole
My body feels young but my mind is very old"

Peter slowly began to trail off the song with the chorus.

"So what do you say?
You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway
You're half the world away
Half the world away
Half the world away
I've been lost
I've been found
But I don't feel down."

After this Peter was satisfied that Tony was sleeping so Peter stood up and left the room to return to his own room where he immediately fell asleep. The next morning after breakfast Tony decided to ask Peter about the night before. They were down in the lab when Tony asked.

"Underoos, since when could you sing like an angel?" Tony asked genuinely intrigued.

"Well I could always sing but at the orphanage the younger ones would get nightmares and I always used to sing them to sleep as it was the only way they would." Peter replied casually.

"You're a good Kid." Tony told Peter.

------------------------------------

The next Avenger to find out was Natasha one week after Tony. Whenever she had her nightmares there was only Clint who could calm her and send her back to sleep, but one night when Clint was out Natasha had one of the worst nightmares that had happened in a while. Peter heard this and went into her room and shook her awake then sat next to her rubbing circles on her back. Natasha looked up at him and you could see the exhaustion in her eyes, so Peter layed down in Natashas bed with her and quietly began to sing.

"And when I leave this planet
You know I'd stay but I just can't stand it
And I can feel the warning signs
Running around my mind."

Natasha was confused at first but just let Peter continue, as he did have an incredibly soothing voice and it was her only chance of sleep tonight. And she was also beginning to calm dramatically.