An Unlikely Friend

It was a hard day for Peter Parker. It had been a two years since Uncle Ben had died. He wanted to spend it with May like last year, but she couldn't get the time off and the
household needed the extra money. So Peter texted May.

Peter- Hey Aunt May, I'm going for a long walk to clear my head. I'll be back before curfew. And don't worry I have everything I would need. Love you xx

Aunt May- Alright then Peter, I'll see you when I finish work. I love you too Pete xxx

With that, Peter put on a coat, picked up his phone with $15 in the case, grabbed his keys and left the apartment. They boy didn't have a set destination in mind, he was just going to walk. Walk until his head was far clearer than it was now, no matter how far that was. However there was one place he did want to visit. The cemetery. But first he had to get some flowers.

There was a little local flower shop just around the corner from the cemetary which Peter often used. So the boy walked in and bought his usual, earning looks of sympathy from the young florist- it seemed like everyone knew the story of little Peter Parker; however the boy himself hated the attention it brought.

The boy walked up to the gates of the cemetary, took a deep breath and walked in. Peter knew the way to Ben's grave without even having to look up. The boy made his way there swiftly, wanting to see Ben as soon as he could. Peter arrived at the grave and quickly checked his surroundings, no one was there. Quietly the boy began to talk to his Uncle whilest laying down the flowers that he had bought.

"Hey Uncle Ben. It's been a 2 years since you left, I still miss you more than ever. I love you so much, and this year has been crazy! Mr Stark showed up at the apartment and has been mentoring me ever since, I know how you liked his work Uncle Ben after taking me to the Expo. May is coping alright but she has to work more often which sucks- but I just use the time that she works to be Spider-Man and stop anyone else dying like you did. But there was that huge fight with the Vulture at Homecoming, that hurt for a while; sometimes, I think that I'm still there and I hate it- I hate that aspect of Spider-Man. Anyways, Schools been okay this year, Flash is leaving me alone a bit more which is good; I've managed to keep my grades up- I know you loved hearing about how well I was doing. But anyways, I hope you aren't having too much fun without me up there Uncle Ben."

The boy didn't notice the man who had been standing practically behind him for most of his quiet speech to Ben before saying his goodbye. Peter took a deep breath in before continuing.

"You told me that 'With great power comes great responsibility' and I'll never forget it."

Peter sniffled before quickly turning around to walk away from the grave, he didnt get far before he walked into a man with a cane- immediately Peter knew that the man was blind and felt awful.

"I'm so sorry sir, I didn't see you there."

"It's okay I didn't either." The strange man replied with a smile, trying to make light of the situation. Peter shrugged- then realised that the man wouldn't see that anyways.

The man bowed his head. "Your Uncle was a good man Peter." This had Peter confused as he mildly recognised the man but wasn't sure why.

"You knew him?" The boy asked, intrigued at what the man knew, and most importantly, how he knew Ben.

"Yes, me and Ben were best friends in High School and remained friends afterwards."

"I never knew, anyways I'll leave you with him sir." Peter mumbled, not wanting to talk more about Ben yet, it hurt too much.

"It's Matt, Matt Murdock" Matt said with a smirk- this kid was so much like Ben- always polite, there must be a very good cause for Ben to break that.