39 • Hurricane Alice

CLAIRE'S POV

I rolled over in bed so that I was looking up at the ceiling while I waited for Quil to return. I couldn't wait to get back to our educational lesson which had been interrupted by someone knocking on the front door.

Quil had taught me a lot about physical pleasure in the past two weeks. And since I still had an hour before I had to get ready for my weekend in Seattle, I definitely wanted another lesson. Quil was an excellent tutor, though I hated to think of how he gained so much knowledge. But Quil was almost 34...I could hardly expect him to come into our relationship a virgin.

I heard male voices speaking to Quil. I hoped he would send them on their way. I arranged my hair above me on the pillow and threw one arm above my head. That was sexy, right? I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep when I heard Quil finally shut the front door and make his way back to the bedroom.

His lips brushed tenderly against mine. I quickly threw my arm around his neck to hold him to me.

Breaking away, I said, "So do you still want to have that wild, hot--"

I heard what sounded like a snort from the living room. Looking at Quil in horror, I whispered "Is someone here?"

"Yeah," Quil said, a red flush appearing on his cheeks. "Jake, Seth, Collin, and Ryan. Did you remember that you're supposed to head to Seattle today?"

"But we don't have to get up for another hour?" I responded.

I heard a laugh in the living room. I felt mortification burn my cheeks. Thanks to their super sonic hearing, his wolf friends just heard what I'd said. I sounded like all I wanted to do was haul Quil back into bed. Which I did, but I didn't want them to know that.

"Please make them leave." I pleaded in a hushed tone.

"Guys," Quil said, looking at me and speaking in a normal tone. "Can you wait in the backyard for me?"

I heard a scuffling noise in the living room as four men started talking and going outside.

"Great, now they probably know what we were about to do." I muttered throwing back the sheet.

"They would have known anyway," Quil said absently, staring at my now exposed breasts.

"What do you mean?"

"Hmm?" Quil responded, still distracted.

"What do you mean they would have known anyway?" I asked.

"What?" Quil's eyes finally snapped up to mine and I thought I heard him swear.

"What aren't you telling me?" I questioned as I crossed my hands over my body and glared.

"Okay...so don't get mad, but when we're in wolf form we can read each others thoughts..." Quil stated cautiously.

"You don't mean every thought..." I said horrified.

"Yeah."

"Even..."

"Yep."

"So my uncle and cousins know that you and I have..."

"Yep again."

"Oh God!" I covered my face with my hands. I'd never be able to look at any of my family members in the eyes again.

"Well Sam is retired so he hasn't seen all the intimate details, and Nate usually tries to avoid patrolling with me anymore."

"Oh, that makes me feel loads better." I muttered.

"I try very hard not to think about you when I'm patrolling, but sometimes I just slip." Quil said. "Please...I'm sorry Claire...if it makes you feel any better, I know more about Emily than I ever wanted to."