42 • The Honeymoon

CLAIRE'S POV

"Ryan kissed Gracie!" I said in a surprised tone.

"Yeah," Quil replied. He had been filling me in on everything I missed during the reception while I was changing out of my wedding dress. We were almost to Port Angeles where we were spending the night before our flight to our mystery honeymoon spot.

"How did Gracie react?" I wondered.

Quil seemed to hesitate before saying, "Not good. She was upset anyway because

Gabe and Nate phased in front of her. Poor kid. The only two times she's ever seen any of us phase was because it was triggered by anger. She ended up taking off after Ryan kissed her."

"Poor Gracie..." I agreed. "And now Nate's imprinted on Jacob's daughter." I repeated information Quil told me earlier in our drive.

"Yeah," Quil replied, his hands steady on the steering wheel.

"And Jacob's son is an Alpha too?" I questioned and Quil nodded. I thought about the stories I'd heard about my Uncle Sam and Jacob Black. When Jacob had become an Alpha, it had pretty much destroyed their friendship as the two couldn't stand to be around each other.

I asked sadly, "So what's Nate going to do?"

"I don't know...it's a messy situation. I don't envy the position Meena is in. I have a feeling there will be several situations where she's torn between her twin and her soul mate."

"I guess this means that Nate's going to become immortal." I stated feeling a little sad. All of us were going to grow old someday and Nate would eventually have to say goodbye to all of us. Poor Nate.

Quil glanced over at me and kissed my hand. As though sensing my melancholy mood, he said, "So are you going to tell me where we're going for our honeymoon?"

"Oh..." I smiled before reaching up to turn on the overhead light in the car. I reached down for my purse. I knew that we were going to Canada, but I wasn't sure exactly where. Alice had wanted it to be a surprise. I pulled out the envelope and read Alice's handwriting on top of it.

Do not open until your wedding day.

I opened the envelope and peered inside. There was a brochure with a note attached to it.

This place brings back a lot of memories for my husband and me. We discovered it in the 1940s. I hope you create some memories of your own here.

Lots of love,

Alice

I looked at the brochure and read it out loud. "The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Jasper, Alberta. They booked us the Athabasca Cottage. According to the brochure, the cottage is 'popular for honeymoons and anniversaries, the secluded cabin has one bedroom with a queen-size bed. The cabin offers a bathroom with whirlpool, and a sitting room with a wood-burning fireplace.'"

"Wait...we're going to Jasper, Alberta? Jasper?" Quil asked before he started to laugh. He added, "Go figure."

I stared at him for a minute before I started laughing too. I had forgotten that Alice's husband's name was Jasper. I shook my head as I looked back at the brochure.

"According to the information, the lodge is in the Rocky Mountains," I told him.

"That's probably why they liked it so much," Quil said. "There's a lot of wild game in the area."

We pulled into the hotel in Port Angeles and checked in at the front desk. Quil wrapped his arm around my waist as he hurried me to our room. As soon as the door closed behind us, Quil pushed me against it and began kissing a sensitive area on my neck. I threw my head back but the pins from the bun in my hair jabbed my scalp.