2 | Steve

Steve and I were walking along the sidewalk. His car was getting fixed, and we wanted to go out. Darry was at work, so we couldn't use his car. We were walking to get some dinner and then to the park to eat.

"Are we there yet Steve?" I ask him. I don't really mind walking, but if I had known it was this far away I would have put on better shoes.

"We're almost there." I says.

"You said that last time."

"Right after you asked if we were there yet."

"Steve," I complain, "how much longer? My feet hurt."

"I know, you've told me five times," he says, "only a little longer."

"But how much?" I ask, grabbing his hand and swinging it back and forth as we moved along the sidewalk.

"I don't know Y/N," he snaps, "will ya stop bugging me about it?"

I was a little taken back. "I would if you told me how much longer we needed to walk."

"If I told you, you'd only complain."

"I wouldn't be if you had told me we would have been walking this far. I would have gotten better walking shoes."

"You'd still complain if you had better shoes on," he says, "I know you hate to exercise." He's not wrong.

We walk for a few minutes in silence. I watch what's beside us. We were still on the East side, so the houses we not that nice. But that doesn't stop the screams of happy children playing, or the dogs barking, or other normal things. Things aren't so bad here. I mean yeah, there are some questionable people, but Steve is here. And wherever he is perfect for me.

"Steve."

"Hmmmm," He says, looking forward.

"How much longer?" I ask, to tick him off again. He likes to joke around with me all the time, this is me getting back at him.

"Baby, it's really not that far."

"It is when you're developing a blister." I tell him.

Steve suddenly stops and picks me up bridal-style. "This is what you get for acting like a kid Y/N, you get treated as one."

"This isn't such a bad thing." I joke, smiling at him.