4.

"What were you up-to, Ananya?"I asked her,my hands crossed across my chest.
Randeep was sitting on a chair near her bed. She seemed least bothered.
"I'm talking to you; answer me!"I said, my voice getting louder as I stressed on every word I spoke. She turned towards me, and smirked. Randeep looked at me, with the she-has-turned-crazy look.
"Chill Ana, everything is OK,"she said.
It was really disturbing.
"Who's Ranjit?" I asked, stressing on the word 'Ranjit'.
"Umm... No one,"she said, nervous.
"Then, why did you lie?"Randeep asked.
"Didn't you see the look in his eyes? Didn't you see the way he was holding Shreya? Didn't you see how hurt I was?"Annie asked Randeep. Randeep looked at me.
"She is his fiancé, Annie,"I said. Ananya looked at me.
"Just imagine Ana, if the same thing happened with you regarding Randeep, how bad you must have felt? Seeing your love with someone else?"Annie said. I imagined my life without Randeep a long time ago. It was miserable. I didn't want to go back in that same phase, again. I felt what Annie felt.
"Things are different, Ananya,"Randeep said, quite angry now.
"I don't care! As simple as that!"Ananya said, and left the room.
"What's wrong with her?"Randeep asked me. I looked at him. Clearly, Annie was going through what I went. It was really miserable.
"Randeep, you go now. I'll talk to Ananya."I said.
Randeep went downstairs. I followed him. When he reached his car, he turned around and held my hand,
"If you need any help, just give me a call,"Randeep said.
"Sure thing. Now go and rest. You will have office tomorrow. You need to wake up, too,"I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.
"Hmm..what about you?"he asked, pulling me closer by my waist.
"I'll manage; it's you who can't wake up,"I said.
"Really?"and we both laughed. Randeep looked me into the eye and said,
"What would our lives been, if we didn't have each other?"
"That's the same with Ananya and Rohan,"I said,"Didn't you look at Rohan? He didn't look happy with Shreya,"I added.
"But for now, talk to Annie; she needs you,"he said.
"Hmm.. We'll talk tomorrow, bye."I said.
"Bye. Goodnight." and he kissed me on my cheek.
He left.
I went back. I entered Annie's room. She was standing in the balcony.
I crawled in quietly. She was gazing at the night sky, full of charms. I quietly stood besides her.
"Hey,"
"Hmm.. They're beautiful, isn't it?"
"Yeah. Like diamonds,"I said.
"Won't he ever be mine?"Annie asked me.
"I don't know,"I added.
"Why did he leave me like that?"
"Some questions are better left unexplained,"I said.
"But, he wasn't happy with her,"Annie said.
"I know. I observed the same thing,"I said.
"Why isn't he leaving her then?"
"I don't know. You know, actually we should talk to him, personally,"I said.
"Not we; you. You talk to him personally, once,"Annie said.
"Me? Are you crazy?"
"Nope. But he'll open up."Annie said.
"It's better you sleep now; we'll see tomorrow,"I said.
"Ana; please talk to him once, I think , he's doing this marriage under pressure,"she said .
"I'll talk to him. Don't worry. Sleep now. Goodnight,"I said and hugged her.
"Goodnight,"she said.
I went back to my room. I texted Randeep.
Me:Are you free after 12?
Randeep:Sure! You wanna meet?
Me:Yeah. We need to talk to Rohan.
Randeep:You're crazy! Why?
Me:I guess he's marrying Shreya under pressure.
Randeep Why do you feel so?
Me:Ill tell you everything, please make sure you meet me.
Randeep :Don't worry; I'll reach by time. You don't take tension. Everything will be alright:*
Me:I know. As long as you're there with me, everything will be alright:*
Randeep:So, meet you tomorrow. Goodnight sweetie<3
Me:Goodnight<3
I slept with pure distress. I had to stop what was going on in here. I had to bring them together.