Chapter 1

Lily's PoV (3rd Person)
October 31st 1981

Lily and James Potter were playing in the living room with their one year old son Harry. It's Halloween so all of the lights in the room are Jack-O-Lanterns. Lily had just finished reading a wizard Halloween Fairytale to little Harry, when there was a knock on the door.

They were expecting Harry's godfathers Sirius and Remus, so James went to get the door. "Lily, Run and take the Baby, it's Voldemort! Whatever happens I love you! And I will until the very end!" James exclaimed frantically. As Lily bolted up the steps she heard a deep "Avada Kedarva" and knew her husband was dead.

When she reached the top of the steps she went to Harry's room and bolted the door shut she set him in his crib while she tried to think of a way out. But just as the baby left her arms, the door behind her was blasted off its hinges. "Step aside Girl" a deep snakelike voice said to her. Lily knew this voice belonged to Voldemort. "Do what you like with me but leave Harry alone he's just a child" she pleaded with Voldemort. "I said step aside. Do it before I change my mind." Voldemort said.

"No" Lily declared standing protectively in front of the crib "I love my son and I can't let you do this to him".

"Then have your wish" said Voldemort "Avada Kedarva".

With a flash of Green light everything went dark around Lily as she collapsed on the ground. Lily Potter was dead.

Harry's PoV (3rd).

There was a strange sensation in the room like a spell had just been broken. But Harry's mother was on the ground and would not get up.
Now Voldemort was advancing on Harry. Harry was terribly frightened. He began to cry.

"I shall finally be invincible. Avada Kedarva!" Voldemort declared and with a flash of green light Voldemort was gone.

But Harry was in great pain now so he was crying harder and harder. But no one was coming to help him.