Chapter 8:Harry's Second Birthday

July 31, 1982

Harry's second birthday was coming up.
Remus and Sirius thought it was important that Harry had a birthday party. Harry had a few play dates with Ron Weasley and Neville Longbottom, so Sirius and Remus decided to invite them and their families for a small party for the children. They also sent an owl to Minerva, since she was Aunt Minnie.

The morning of Harry's birthday, they went into Harry's room when they heard him calling "Unco Remy! Unco Siri!" "Happy Birthday, Harry!" Remus and Sirius said in unison. "What do you want for breakfast?" Remus asked. "Mmmmm..." Harry hummed as he thought. "Eggs and jam toasty. Please." Harry said.

Remus went downstairs to make breakfast while Sirius helped Harry get dressed. "Which shirt do you want" Sirius asked while holding up two options. Harry pointed to the T shirt with a broomstick on it that said "Junior Quidditch player." Then they went downstairs for breakfast.

After Breakfast Remus and Sirius gave Harry their presents for him. Remus got him some sweaters and muggle t shirts and a bunch of chocolate frogs. Sirius got Harry a few muggle toy cars,  and a couple of packs of Bertie bot's every flavor beans. 

After that, they went to the leaky cauldron for lunch, and ice cream at Florian's.

When they got home it was time for Harry to take his nap ( he was still just a toddler after all). While Harry slept, Remus and Sirius got the house ready for the party.

Minerva arrived just as Remus was getting Harry up from his nap. Sirius answered the door. "Hello Sirius" she greeted him. "Hello Minerva, glad you could make it. Harry will be very excited to see his Aunt Minnie." And as though Harry had sensed what Sirius had just said. Harry yelled from the top of the stairs "AUNT MINNIE!!!!" He then crawled down the stairs as fast as he could to greet her, Remus close behind. When he got to the bottom, Harry toddled over to Minerva and gave her a big hug. He was going for her hips because that was about as far as he could reach, but she picked him up so Harry was at normal hugging height on her. "Happy Birthday, Harry" Minerva said. "Thanks Aunt Minnie. Did You come for my party? Unco Siri and Unco Remy said we are going to have a party!" Harry said to Minerva. " Yes I am here for the party." She turned to Remus and Sirius and said "Where should I put this?" Holding up a gift. "On the coffee table please." Said Remus. "Can I show Aunt Minnie the house?" Harry asked his uncles. "Sure" Sirius said.

So Harry gave Minerva the tour, with some help from Remus and Sirius who were following Harry and Minerva. Just as they made it back to the kitchen, Molly Weasley and her son, Ron, arrived through the floo networks. "RON!" Harry said excitedly. "HARRY" Ron replied with the same enthusiasm "Happy Bifday, Harry." "Hello Remus, Sirius." Molly greeted the men. "Where should I put this?" She asked gesturing to the gift in her hand. "On the coffee table, thank you, Molly" Remus replied. "I hope it's alright I brought Ginny. Bill is home and can babysit Percy, Fred and George but I don't think he is ready for a baby on top of that." Molly explained. "Oh yes totally fine, you and Ginny are welcome any time."

Next came Augusta Longbottom and her grandson, Neville. "Neville!" Harry and Ron greeted him excitedly. "Happy Birfday, Harry!" Neville said. The children ran off to play and The adults sat down to talk. (Molly is still holding Ginny as she's not big enough to play with the boys yet).

So they played for about 2 hours while the adults talked primarily about what I would be like when the kids were at Hogwarts, touching on the subject of the war that had ended not so long ago. Then they a decided it was time for cake and presents. They had the cake first, Harry had picked a chocolate one with white icing. Every one enjoyed and all the kids ended up with half of it on their faces.

After they washed up, it was time for Harry to open presents. He opened the Weasleys' gift first, it was a Hand knitted sweater and some homemade fudge. Harry said thank you to both Ron and Molly and gave them each a hug. Next he opened the Longbottoms' gift. It was an enchanted toy train set. Harry thanked them and gave them hugs too. Lastly it was time for Minerva's gift. She had gotten him a muggle toy race car track. Harry thanked her and gave her a hug as well.

The festivities came to a close and all it all Harry had a very good Birthday.

*****
Authors note

Wow I can't believe we are already up to 115 reads! This is amazing and I would like to thank everyone for reading up to this point. I'm sorry my posts have been so spaced out, school is crazy and with my after school activities it's been hard to find time to write.

I promise that I have a really exciting part of the story coming up, it's just really hard to write Harry so young.

Idea for a future chapter:
I would like to do a chapter where Harry asks about his parents. He will be older in this chapter. Please comment your ideas for what Harry would want to know.

Thanks everyone
~Savanah