6

• x-ray [ˈeksˌrā] - a photographic or digital image of the internal composition of something, especially a part of the body •

Jeongguk wakes up to the small sliver of sunlight peaking in behind the plastic hospital curtains. He blinks his eyes rapidly to remove the sleepiness from them.

A nurse outside of his room looks in to see him awake and calls for Dr.Park to check in on his patient.

Jeongguk lays still in his bed, breathing slowly, too tired to really move. He just wanted to see Jimin, to know that he was going to be alright.

Meanwhile, Jimin was sprinting down the hospital's hallways, going so fast he nearly toppled over a wheelchair—with a patient still in it. He apologized profusely as he continued to run past, heading right for room 102. By the time Jimin reached that familiar doorway he was panting, considering he had ran the full distance from across the entire hospital.

Jeongguk weakly smiled at Jimin as he walked in, breath still heavy and sweat forming at the edge of his forehead, his face flushed red from exertion.

"H-," Jimin cleared his throat and breathed in deeply to get his phrase out, "Hi. How are you feeling?" Jeongguk gave Jimin a thumbs up. Jimin smiled softly. "Can you speak?" Jeongguk nodded his head and cleared his throat dramatically, despite being exhausted.

His raspy voice drawled out, "Yeah. I'm just tired." Jimin nodded in understanding.

"It took a lot out of you yesterday, it's normal to be tired."

"So...what's wrong with me? Is that going to happen again? Because I'm not going to lie I hated it." Jimin looked to the floor.

"I'm not sure. We're going to do some x-rays to see if there's something we couldn't see in surgery and then we'll go from there. Also don't worry, I'll stay with you in the x-ray room, I know you don't like how enclosed it is." Jeongguk gave a slightly more enthusiastic smile, a bit of sarcasm seeping through at the thought of the x-rays but happy nonetheless because Jimin would stay with him.

"Hold my hand?"

"We'll see." Jeongguk formed an over-exaggerated frown. "For now, let's just get some food into you. I'll be back in a minute. Please don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."

"No promises!" Jeongguk called out as Jimin walked out before slumping back further into the bed, wanting to go back to sleep.

Jimin arrived holding colorful, non-mush food in his hands. "Okay so I snuck you out some of the good stuff, I got you an apple and some hot soup, this should help you feel a little better before your x-ray later today."