31

• con·nec·tion [kəˈnekSH(ə)n] - a relationship in which a person, thing, or idea is linked or associated •

Jeongguk's eyes widen as he listens to the voice on the other end of the phone. Disbelief drenches his voice as he says, "Junghyun? I—"

"I know. It's been a long time. They wouldn't let me call you. They wouldn't even tell me where you were! I've been trying to find you," Junghyun's voice rings out from the speaker.

Jimin takes notice of Jeongguk's strange reaction while talking on the phone. He walks over cautiously and asks, "Ggukkie? What's up?" Concern is written across his face as he observes Jeongguk.

"Who was that, J?" Junghyun says. Jeongguk's heart pounds at his old nickname, its been so long since he last heard it.

Jeongguk mouths 'my brother' to Jimin, whose eyes widen in surprise. He remembers Hoseok telling him how they had no idea where his brother was.

Jeongguk responds to Junghyun hesitantly, not sure how he would react, "That's Jimin. He's—um—my boyfriend," Jeongguk trails off.

"I sure have missed a lot, huh?"

"Yeah...we both have," Jeongguk sighs out.

Jimin waves his hands wildly in front of Jeongguk and somehow conveys the message that Jeongguk should ask to meet up with him.

Jeongguk nods before saying into the receiver, "Maybe we should catch up? Meet somewhere?"

Jimin listens as the incomprehensible voice crackles through the phone and a smile lights up Jeongguk's face.

"That's so close to where I live! We were so close all this time. I'm surprised we never saw each other."

Jeongguk laughs and a smile plants itself on Jimin's face at the sound.

"So next Tuesday? Sounds good! I'm not going to lie, I can't wait. I really missed you Junghyun..."

Jeongguk hangs up the phone and jumps around excitedly before hugging Jimin and twirling him around.

"I get to see my brother!"

Jimin laughs and hugs Jeongguk back.

"I'm so excited for you, Jeongukkie!"

"What will I say? Do you think it'll be awkward?"

Jimin watches as millions of ideas pass through Jeongguk's mind of what he'll say.

"No. Just go with the flow. You're brothers. It'll come naturally. You used to be close."

"You're right." Jeongguk kisses Jimin in his delight which quickly turns into a more heated moment as Jeongguk pushes Jimin towards the wall closest to them.