32

• re·un·ion [rēˈyo͞onyən] - an instance of two or more people coming together again after a period of separation •

Jeongguk woke up hours later with a line of drool hanging from the side of his mouth, creating a dark spot on the arm of the orange chair beneath him.

His mind leaves its haziness when a soft voice graces his ears by calling his name. Jeongguk rubs his tired eyes and looks up at Jimin, whose eyes were red and puffy.

Oh God. Oh please no. Let Min-seo be alright.

"Jimin, how's Min-seo? Is she out of surgery yet??" Jeongguk bites his lower lip in nervousness, drawing a small bead of blood to his tongue.

"She's alright. You made it in time." Jimin embraces Jeongguk into a hug as he stands up. Jeongguk breathes out a shaky sigh and a visible weight lifts off of Jeongguk's shoulders.

"Can I see her?"

Jimin nods and takes Jeongguk's hand in his own, guiding him to Min-seo's room.

Min-seo was just waking up when they got there and her eyelids were heavy with exhaustion.

Jeongguk walks slowly up to the edge of the bed and kneels down to be at face level with the little girl in front of him.

"Oh thank goodness, my true love's kiss worked!" Jeongguk smiles towards Min-seo as the girl's face lights up with her toothless smile.

Though she was weak, she still manages out an enamored, "You can use that to save people too? You must be magical," Her small voice trails off slightly at the end.

"Well it wouldn't have worked without the help of your princess powers! I mean, who knew I was friends with one of the strongest princesses in the land?" Min-seo's smile grows wider before she suddenly states that she's tired and that as a princess, she needs her 'beauty sleep.' Soon enough, her eyelids fall heavily and she's sleeping soundly alongside the beeping machines.

"You must be Mr.Jeon, we've heard a lot about you." An unfamiliar voice comes from the other side of the room as a man and a woman get up to meet Jeongguk. "Thank you so much for always looking after her and helping her feel like a kid. It's nice to see her so happy despite her...circumstances. It's not easy for her to always be cooped up in this hospital, and of course we both still have to work in order to keep her here. But I can't thank you enough. Sorry for my rambling I'm just so grateful." The rambling woman finishes and embraces Jeongguk in her final words.