16

• a·ban·don [əˈbandən] - cease to support or look after (someone): desert •

"Well, this is it. The final morning." Jimin looks at a dazed, still half-asleep Jeongguk.

"Good morning, sunshine," Jeongguk responds with a raspy morning voice, his eyes still drooping down, heavy from sleep.

"No funny business today. I have a surgery I have to do and I'll bring you food at lunch. In exchange for bringing you food, you won't do anything too stupid today, deal?" Jimin taps on the clipboard in his hands with a pen, awaiting Jeongguk's response.

Jeongguk groans and begins to rub his eyes, muttering a drawn out, "Deal."

"Great!" Jimin boops Jeongguk on the nose and begins to leave the room. "Oh, I'll have the nurse bring you breakfast. Any special requests?"

"You," Jeongguk replies smoothly, his eyes still closed peacefully. He peeks open his eyes to see the flustered boy in the doorway, rapidly stuffing the clipboard back into its holder and speeding down the hallway, his face covered by his hands. Jeongguk chuckles, a sneaky smirk quickly spreading itself across his face.

Jimin was focused entirely on his surgery, focusing on the torn flesh of the patient, the heart still beating steadily as they prepared to repair the left ventricle.

Just as he was about to make the first stitch his pager wildly flashes. He looks down to see the number 102. Although worried, he couldn't just leave the surgery he was on.

As the surgery progresses, the pager never stops flashing and beeping and eventually Yoongi pipes up in concern.

"Dr.Park, do you need to attend to something else? Is it perhaps...Jeon Jeongguk?"

Jimin looks to Yoongi, looks down at his pager, looks back to Yoongi and nods with a slight blush on his cheeks.

Yoongi gives an understanding look and says, "Go ahead, I can finish this from here." Jimin bows and spills out a quick thank you before going to clean up and preparing to race to Jeongguk's hospital room.

Jimin runs down the hallway, looking for any signs of trouble. His stomach drops when he sees the nurse crying outside of Jeongguk's room.

"Oh, Dr.Park! T-thank god," the nurse blubbers out, tears streaming down her face. "I just couldn't do it! He would not shut up about you. 'Where's Jimin?' and 'When will Jimin be back?' Good lord I couldn't handle it. I just kept paging you and paging you and he just kept talking and talking. I just—"