(1) Meeting Hank

I walked up to the entrance of Jimmy's Bar, twirling the keychain on my finger. It's mostly for calibration purposes - To keep my systems in check. I put away the keychain as I observed the sign on the door.

"NO ANDROIDS"

It contradicted my instructions, so I straightened my tie before walking into the bar, disregarding the sign.

There were few people in the bar that night. Most of them were sitting in the booths to the right, but there were three sitting at the bar. I scanned two of them, before realizing the last one's head was drooped. I walked over to him.

"Good evening, Lieutenant Anderson, it's a good thing I found you. My name is (Y/N), and I'm the android sent by Cyberlife." I introduced. Hank didn't really respond to what I had said.

"I had looked for you in the station, but no one really knew where you were." I said. Still no response...

"They told me you were most likely having a drink nearby. I was lucky enough to find you at the third bar." I had actually skipped some of the bars because of the drinks they had. Some of the people said that Hank didn't like wines, and some bars were oriented around them.

"What do you want?" Hank said. I was pulled out of thought as his low voice rang through my sensors.

"You were assigned to a homicide case earlier this evening. It involved a Cyberlife android." I informed him, a slight smile gracing my lips in hopes I could get somewhere.

"In accordance to procedures, the company designed my model to assist detectives." I continued. Hank shifted a bit before talking.

"Well, I don't need any, uh, assistance. Especially not from a plastic asshole like you." I was a little surprised, to say the least. I wouldn't call it a surprise, though. More like a scenario my program didn't predict.

"So why don't you be a good little robot, and get the fuck outta here, huh?" He finished. I was slightly amused by Hank's childish humor. He certainly wasn't the formal type, as some friendly people had told me at the department.

I had decided to reason with him. Maybe that would get him up and running?

"Lieutenant, I would highly advise you to stop drinking and come with me." I said. He glanced up at me, most likely in annoyance.

"It would make life easier for the both of us. Although, it would be more beneficial to you because I'd be out of your way quicker." I pointed out. Hank only nodded as he took another sip out of his glass. It was whiskey, from what my scanners picked up.

"Can you not scan my drink...?" Hank mumbled, mostly to himself. He went to go take another sip, but I spoke before he could.

"I apologize, sir, but I must insist. I've been instructed to accompany you, and I can't go against my instructions." I persisted. Hank stared at his drink as he spoke.

"Do you know where you can stick your instructions?" He chuckled. I was confused.

"No? I don't have a physical copy with me right now. Would you like me to see if I can-" Hank put his hand up to stop me from talking.

"Never mind..." He gruffed. I was still left confused, but I didn't comment any further.

I wasn't quite sure why, but I felt like buying him one more drink could possibly get him on his feet. Where could being kind go wrong?

"You know what? I'll buy you another drink. One for the road." Hank's eyes widened a little as I said that. I looked up and smiled at the bartender.

"Bartender? The same one again, please." I took some money from my pocket and slid it across the counter. The bartender gave me a weird look before proceeding with my request.

"See that, Jim? That's the wonder of technology. Make it a double." Hank slurred some words as he smiled. I wasn't sure what he meant by what he had said, but I took the cooperation as an excuse not to say anything.

Hank drank the glass of whiskey like a shot before saying,

"Now, did you say homicide?" He almost smiled at me as he got out of his chair. I was pleased with his cooperation and the fact that he was listening to me when I first came here. I smiled and nodded my head at him before we left the bar to the crime scene.