(9) "HANK!? IN MY OFFICE!!"

(A/N)

Sorry for posting so late! I just couldn't really bring myself to pull out my computer and start writing until 8:12 PM, so yeah.

Enjoy this lazily written chapter?

I'm tired af right now tbh

(Y/N)'s POV
I was currently tossing my keychain back and forth between my hands as I walked toward the Detroit Police Department. As soon as I reached the doors, I lightly tugged on one side of my Cyberlife jacket to reveal a secret inside pocket. I put my keychain into the hidden pocket and flattened my jacket before pushing the doors open and walking inside.

My current objective was finding Lieutenant Anderson and Connor, which wouldn't be that hard.

I hoped.

"Can I help you?" The receptionist android at the desk in front of me asked.

"I'm looking for Lieutenant and Detective Anderson." I replied, looking down at the android with a soft expression.

"Do you have authorization?" It asked, still smiling the same programmed smile.

"Yes." I nodded my head slightly as my LED flashed yellow along with the android's. When we were finished sharing information, our LEDs went back to blue.

"Lieutenant Anderson isn't here yet, but Detective Anderson is." It informed me, bowing slightly.

"Thank you." I said, walking away from the desk and walking through sliding doors to the right of it.

I looked around at the arrangements of desks they had, seemingly designed to be in groups of two or four. Humans seemed to have a sense of using even numbers all the time in everything.

I quickly scanned the room to try and find Lieutenant Anderson's desk, and soon enough I found it. I walked over to the desk and looked over everything, an assortment of various items scattered across it.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" A warm, friendly voice spoke from beside me. I looked over at the source, and it was none other than Connor.

"Hello, Connor." I greeted back.

"Do you know when Lieutenant will be getting here?" I asked him, tilting my head a little to the left.

"Hmm... Depends on where he was the night before. If we're lucky, he wasn't at the bar and will be here by noon..." He replied, looking down at his feet as he spoke. I looked at him with a blank look, feeling a tug in my gut. (Tug is gut spelled backward, and vice versa. Mind: blown.)

"Thank you." I said, looking back at the Lieutenant's desk. Connor walked by me and sat at the one in front of it.

I noticed that there were headphones near Hank's computer. There was also a 2018 Samsung tablet next to it. I was surprised that both were still in good shape. I picked up the headphones and held it close to me as I turned on the large device. 

It brought me to a program called 'Soundcloud'. I brought the headphones up to my ear as I pressed play. Suddenly, a loud, deep bass drum pulsed through my sensors. I quickly scanned the rap song, noticing it was made by a person named 'NEFFEX'. The song was named "Life". I paused the song shortly after scanning it and put down the device and headphones.

(The song isn't the same from the game because I'm trying to be originalllllllllllllllll)

I walked over to Connor's desk and looked at his screen. He was currently reading a case on an AX400.

"An android running away with a man's daughter...? That's not something you see everyday." He mumbled.

"I sure it had a good cause." I commented, making Connor look at me.