(2) Meeting Connor

(A/N real quick)

This chapter is driving a little bit from the story. It's explaining how (Y/N) meets Connor.

----------------------------

I was currently in the car with Lieutenant Anderson as we drove to his son's house.

"What was your son's name again, Lieutenant?" I asked politely from the front passenger seat.

"Connor. His name is Connor. He's like, 28 or some shit already. Can't believe my boy's already old enough to live on his own..." He mumbled the last sentence to himself. I glanced at him before looking out the window. It was raining now, contrary to when I was at the bar. I checked the time in my internal clock.

"We shouldn't stay at his house for too long. It's been at least forty minutes since you were assigned the case." I advised. Hank simply nodded his head and drove into a house's driveway.

"We're here, (Y/N). You wanna stay here?" He asked. I shook my head.

"It would be best if I accompanied you. I would also get to meet your son, Connor, properly." I explained. Hank scoffed as he got out of the car. My LED flashed yellow as I tried to figure out why he did that. I got out of the car and followed Hank over to the front door.

"Your son has a nice house." I complimented. Hank nodded.

"He's always had a tendency to treat himself a little too much. Good thing he has good income..." Hank replied. He rang the doorbell as I looked at some of the rose bushes that were outside of his house. He had a creamy white paint with white indents for his house colour. It was a nice combination of colours, and the roses complimented it even more.

I heard thumping and someone faintly yell from inside the house.

"I'll be right there!" The voice said. It was a male's, and I assumed it was Connor.

"I'll be right there my ass... He's gonna take forever." Hank gruffed. I stood patiently next to him as we waited for Connor. Exactly three minutes and fifty-seven seconds later, the door opened to reveal a messily dressed Connor Anderson.

"Sorry, Dad. I was... I was in the shower when you rang the doorbell." He was out of breath and his hair was wet. I tilted my head at him as I scanned him.

"Are you okay, Detective Anderson? Your heart rate is quite fast and your stress levels are over seventy percent." I asked him. He looked over at me and his eyes widened.

"Dad, you got an android?" He asked. Hank looked disgustingly at his son and shook his head.

"Oh god no, no way in hell. Apparently, Cyberlife thought it was a good idea to send me some fucking plastic shit to help us with work." He explained. Connor looked at his father with confusion as I spoke up.

"I apologize, I haven't introduced myself. My name is (Y/N). And I'm an android." I turned my head to the left to show the LED on my right temple. Connor nodded.

"And I guess you already know me. I'm Connor Anderson, the third best detective in the Detroit police force." He smiled at me as he said that, and I smiled back. I checked my internal clock as Hank scoffed at the both of us.

"We should get going. It's been an hour and twenty-seven minutes since we were assigned the case, Lieutenant." I suggested. Connor bounced on his feet with an anxious look on his face as Hank nodded his head. Connor then ran back inside, letting the door slam in front of us quite harshly.

"Come on, he won't take long to get changed now that he's got a more important motive." Hank motioned for me to follow him back to the car. I complied and sat in the back right-hand seat.

"You're not calling shotgun?" Hank looked back at me from the driver's seat.

"Calling... shotgun? Why would I call for a weapon if I'm sitting in a seat?" I asked. Hank paused for a moment before bursting out into laughter. I tilted my head in confusion as I smiled myself. Is this what humans call contagious laughter?

"Oh, you're so clueless." He stopped laughing and looked back at me with a smile equal to my own.

"Calling shotgun means you call the front passenger seat. I'm not exactly sure where the saying originally came from, but I know it died out a little while ago, about... I don't know, seven years ago?" I nodded my head.

"I understand, now. And no, I'm not "Calling shotgun". I thought you'd like to sit with your son." I used air quotes when I said "calling shotgun". Hank nodded his head and looked out of his window.

"Put on your seatbelt, kid. Connor's here." He said. I put on my seatbelt as Connor climbed into the front seat.

"Alright, where we headed?" Connor asked Hank.

"To a crime scene, duh." Hank replied a-matter-of-factly as he put heavy metal on the radio. The loud noise shocked me a little and made Connor yelp.

"Dad! Turn it down, it's too loud!" Connor yelled at his dad. Hank complied and turned it down a little. Connor slowly uncovered his ears and slumped in his seat.

"Jesus..." He mumbled.