(5) The Deviant

My LED flashed red as I walked followed the trail of evaporated thirium. I was becoming concerned that this vision blur would become a major issue and possibly prevent me from doing my work. I promised to myself that I would do a self-checkup after I had found the deviant.

I passed the kitchen and looked up at a door leading to the attic in the roof, only to find a blue handprint next to it.

"You see something, (Y/N)?" I heard Connor ask from behind me.

"I need you to do me a favor." I said. Connor grunted in approval of my request.

"Get me a chair from the kitchen, please." I asked. I heard his footsteps fade and come back as my eyes were practically glued to the attic door.

"Here you go." He placed the chair in front of me and I quickly climbed up on top of it.

"He knew full well that his blood would evaporate, which is why he hid up there. But little did he know, (Y/N) could see that shit." Hank's words were the last thing I heard from their conversation as I quietly walked through the attic.

Connor's POV
"So, you're not gonna follow her up there, kid?" I heard Dad ask me. I looked at him with a confused look on my face.

"Should I?" He shook his head.

"No. I wouldn't like you taking the risk of possibly getting yourself killed, but I was just curious." He answered.

"O-oh." I looked away from him and looked at the kitchen. I walked over to the news-tablet that was resting on the counter and flipped through its pages. There was Gossips Weekly on the first article. It was talking about how androids were better at- NOPE FLIP TO THE NEXT ARTICLE

I was relieved to find that the next article was just about androids spying on people. I breathed a breath of relief as I quickly put down the tablet.

I walked back over to Hank, only to have him practically yell in my ear by accident.

"(Y/N)! What's goin' on up there!?" He yelled. 

"Jesus, Dad. Calm down..." I mumbled.

"Is everything alright!?" I let my voice follow after Hank's like a lost puppy's. After a moment of silence, we heard (Y/N)'s shout from the back of the attic.

"It's here, you two! Call it in!"

We quickly scrambled around in the house to get the other police around the area.

~~ Owo what's this, a time skip? ~~

"Why did you kill him?" I heard my dad's voice ringing through the speakers in the room. He was currently the one that was interrogating the android, but it didn't seem like he was getting anywhere.

"What was goin' on before you grabbed that knife?" He continued. I was slightly disappointed that (Y/N) hadn't shown up, yet. She said she had to file a report to Cyberlife that the defective android was caught and that she was going to do a self-checkup, but I didn't know it would take this long.

"How long were you in that attic?" He kept asking questions but didn't get anywhere with any of them.

"How long is he gonna keep this up?" I heard Gavin mumbled from the right of me. Oh yeah, I forgot that asshat was here...

"Until he gets an answer. He's usually pretty persistent about this stuff." I answered him. He looked at me.

"Oh yeah? Looks like he's getting fed up with this android's shit." Gavin retorted as we saw Hank snapping his fingers underneath its face. He looked at us with an annoyed look on his face before he looked back at the android slammed his fists on the table.

"Talk, goddammit!" The android didn't even budge.

"Fuck it, I'm out of here..." I looked at Dad through the glass in pure shock as he left the room.

"Looks like you were wrong, dipshit." Gavin spoke to me quietly before Hank entered the room with us.

"We're wasting our fucking time with this piece of shit, we're getting nothing out of it!" Hank lazily sat down in his chair with anger. I looked down at the floor.

"Well, what else is there to do?" I asked.

"We could always try roughing it up a little. After all, it's not human." Gavin shrugged.

"That wouldn't be a good idea, Detective Reed." I heard that heavenly voice again from the doorway. I quickly looked up at (Y/N) and smiled. She took a glance at me before continuing with her statement.

"That would only damage it. Androids don't feel pain, and you wouldn't get anything out of it." Gavin looked pissed.

"And, deviants have a tendency to self-destruct when in stressful situations." I looked at her in shock.

"So they like, explode?" (Y/N) met my gaze with a confused expression.

"No, they just try to find any viable way to 'kill' themselves." She made air quotes in the air before turning back to Gavin when he spoke.

"Okay, smartass..." He muttered under his breath before asking a question.

"What do you suppose we do, then, huh?" He said. (Y/N)'s LED spun and flickered with a sweet amber tone before she answered with her always calculated and calm toned voice.

I adore her too much...

"I could try questioning it." She responded. I was quickly pulled out my (Y/N) wonderland as I heard Gavin's taunting laugh from my right.

"I think you could maybe get something out of it, right, Dad?" I asked Hank. He looked back at me, and then at (Y/N).

"Well, I mean, what's there to lose? Go ahead, no one's stopping you." Gavin's laughter faded out as he had a look of disbelief and embarrassment on his face.

"Alright." (Y/N) walked out of the room as quietly as she had walked in and quickly reappeared in the room in front of us. Before sitting down, she looked at the papers next to the android with a look of peace on her face.

"Connor's got a fucking girlfriend, huh? No surprise it's an android..." I heard Gavin mumbled as I sat down in a seat next to my dad.

"Shut the fuck up, Gavin. No one has time for your shit today." I spat back as Dad pat me on the back. I smiled at him before looking back at (Y/N).

(A/N)

Hey guys, quick Author's Note.

Should I keep the intro for the next chapter in Connor's point of view, and then switch it to (Y/N)'s, or should I just automatically have it jump to (Y/N)? Let me know in the comments, and maybe I'll have another chapter posted sometime today.

I love you guys, and so does Connor!

Connor: H-how many times m-must I tell you, I do n-not!

Me: How many times must I tell you, SHUT