3: the letter

'You're playing tricks on my mind.'

Anne couldn't think of anything to write. She tried Matthews suggestion of not staring at a blank page, but she couldn't help it. Her thoughts were all jumbled, along with her writing. She sa7t there for almost twenty minutes, staring. She tried writing again, and not making it jumbled. She wrote:

Dear Gilbert,
I hope this letter finds you in good health. I was wondering when you were coming back. If it won't be long, you can skip the rest of the letter. If it's to be more than another month, I wanted to tell you something. I've wanted to tell you this for a while now, almost three years. I've been hoping you said yes if I ever got the courage to ask, or the courage to say something back to you. You see, I want to be friends. Like I said, I've had this feeling for about three years, but I always tried to snuff it out for reasons that shall go unknown to you. I hope you say yes, and I hope you come back. Also, I thought I'd tell you what a been happening here. And yes, I know you've only been gone a day know. But it will be longer when this letter reaches you. Your maid practically covered your whole house in white tarps, all except the outside of it. Everyone misses you dearly. And I just know school will be much less exciting without you in it. Why did you leave, without telling me? I must tell you, I admit that I am among those who miss you dearly, and this time, maybe not because of school. Oh, I do hope your coming back within the next month, so you don't read this. Goodbye, and please write back. I'll be waiting.

Yours academically,
    Anne Shirley-Cuthbert.

She finished the letter minutes before her bedtime. Soon Marilla walked in to get the candle and saw the letter on Anne's desk. "Finished already? Do you want me to send it out tomorrow?" Marilla asked the sleepy girl. "That would be nice, thank you Marilla. Goodnight again." Anne replied. "Goodnight." Marilla said, leaving the room.

Time skip to morning

Anne's p.o.v

Thoughts:

I wonder when Gilbert will get my letter. I hope its soon. Wait, I didn't proofread it.
As Anne thought that she got up and looked at her desk only to notice the letter was already gone. Did marrila already take it and go to Carmody? What if I  spelled something wrong and Gilbert notices? What if he makes fun if me for it? Oh, oh no. This can't be good. But despite all of her thoughts, everything was going to be ok, because Marilla hadn't left yet, and, in fact, was proofreading the letter for her. "Oh thank you Mari- wait you read it??!" Anne yelled, taking it from the table. "Yes, I read it. But would you rather me reading it or Gilbert reading it and noticing all the spelling mistakes? Because I found a few of those." Marilla says. I hand it back to Marilla and ask what was for breakfast. "Cereal or oatmeal. Whichever you want." she replied. "So, are you leaving soon?" I ask, getting down the cereal. "Yes. If I want to get to Carmody by this afternoon, I must leave in the next hour. I'm almost done proofreading this, so I will leave when I'm done." Marilla stated matter-of-factly. "Ok." I say back. I eat my breakfast and when I finish, Marilla is getting ready to leave. "Bye Marilla! I'll get Matthew if I need anything." I say as Marilla walks out the door.

Time skip to night..

Annes nightmare(ish):
Anne had finally decided to go to the party with Diana. She knew it would be stupid, but she never knew how stupid it would be. She was dancing with her friends cause duh, she's a single female at a high school party. Well, after all the dancing (and a bit of drinking) they decide to play u minutes of heaven. It could be boy×boy, girl×girl, or boy×girl. Only a max of 10 people could play, but their names were drawn randomly. The 10 people were Anne, Gilbert, diana, ruby, charlie, jerry, Josie pye, billy, cole, and Jane. They voted who would so in the bottle first, charlie. Charlie spun and it landed on Jane. The did their 7 minutes in the closet and came out. Next to spin was Josie. It landed on billy and they also went into and came out of the closet. Next, Cole spun and got ruby. They, like the last two 'couples' did 7 minutes in the closet. This was all listless for Anne, who had no intentions of going into the closet, much less coming to the party in the first place.
Finally, diana spun and the bottle landed on jerry. This was the only spin that mattered to Anne at the moment because she thought it was the last one. When diana and jerry came out of the closet, Gilbert was told to do the last spin. Anne decided that it wouldn't land on her, and even if it did she was sure that whoever spun the bottle that landed on her would be so repulsed that they would refuse to go to the closet with her. This was not the case though, and it was Gilbert that spun the bottle. Great, I'm doing 7 minutes in heaven with Gilbert. She got up and walked into the closet before Gilbert even had a chance to react. He chased after her and closed the closet door right as the timer started. Their 7 minutes was just starting.

Welcome to another chapter, and I'm finishing her dream I'm the next one. I hope you like this chapter, and the next chapter or maybe in a few chapters one of them is where the drama will finally start. Also, did you guys catch the Hamilton reference in the beginning? Comment what you think it was! Anyways, hope you like it, and sorry for not updating in forever. I will try to get the next chapter up sooner than I got this one up. That's it for now, bye guys.
~chloe