4: dreams can come true...

Their 7 minutes was just starting.

It seemed like there was a while world between Anne and Gilbert. Anne didn't want to be there, no matter who it was and Gilbert wanted to be there whole-heartedly. Partly because it was anne, partly because he got a little drunk during the party. But to him, being drunk just made it better. She had no clue what was going to happen, and he knew exactly what he wanted to happen. The closet wasn't big, so both of them were already against the wall. Gilbert, being drunk, 'pinned' Anne against the wall. Right when he started leaning in, Anne broke out in tears and left the closet far before the 7 minutes were up. "I can't do this anymore!" Anne yelled. Anne ran all the way outside and collapsed in the grass, a crying mess. It didn't take Gilbert long to follow her. On his way out he decided that his former approach was the wrong approach. This time, I'll take more of a sentimental approach. He thought.
"What's wrong?" he asked, suddenly appearing next to her. A couple minutes later anne responded. "You, Gilbert. You're what's wrong." That sentence only served to confuse Gilbert. "What did I do? Maybe I can fix it." he said. "No. You can't help." Anne replied, and with an exasperated sigh, she laid down. "Why can't I help? Are you sure I can't help?" he asked once more. "I'm absolutely sure, because you don't even know what you're doing." Anne replied, crying less and less by the minute. "Then tell me." said Gilbert, persistent as ever. "You don't know what you're doing.... to me." Anne said, barely whispering the last two words. "Is there a reason I can't know?" Gilbert asks, laying down right beside her. "You are really persistent aren't you?" Anne said, staring at Gilbert. He just nodded in response. "Ok. In all reality, I don't even know what you're doing to me. I've been getting anxious around you and I get weird fluttery feelings in my stomach. I can't talk right half the time, and it feels like there is a constant knot in my throat. Gilbert, I think I like you. But I can't, I'm not allowed to. Ruby has-...." Anne stopped that sentence short and shot up. "I said to much. I'm sorry." Anne stood up and walked off, but not to fast. "Anne wait up! I don't care what ruby has! I like you too. Please, Anne come back! Please don't walk away like that." Gilbert says while chasing after her. From inside the house, Anne could here Diana telling her to wake up. "Wake up Anne! it's true! wake up!"

As it turns out, it was now morning and Diana was shaking Anne awake. "Anne wake up. Anne." Diana said, over and over again. "I'm awake, I'm awake." Anne said groggily. "What's up?"
She asked. "Its true! Jerry invited me to the dance! Oh, maybe he really does like me." Diana said, barely controlling her excitement. "Are you going with anyone?"she asked Anne. "I didn't even know there was a dance. Plus, no one has asked me so probably not. Have fun." Anne said, losing all hope that she would go. "When is the dance?" Anne asked Diana. "Five nights from now. How have you not heard about it yet, everybody is talking about it." Diana replied. "Ok. I'll need to talk to you about something after the dance then. Stop by here before you go home after the dance. And don't worry, I'm sure Marilla won't mind." Anne says. Diana just nods, and with that she is out if the room and headed home again. "You know what? How about I just text Gilbert. After all, it will work better than the letter." Anne thought to herself as she pulled out her phone. She opened up Gilbert's contact and started typing. 'Gilbert. I like you. Would you want to go to the dance with me?' no. To straight forward. 'are you going to the dance with anyone?' no, now I sound desperate. 'Hi Gilbert. Have you heard about the dance yet? It seems everyone knew about it before I did😂 any ways I'm just wondering, get back to me as soon as possible, and I hope work is going great for you.' perfect. Anne thought as she sent the message.
*D- delivered
*R- read

A couple minutes later Gilbert finally answered.

G- 'thanks for the letter, I just got it today. And, yes I would love to be friends, and yes I'm sorry for not telling you earlier that I was leaving for work. My father just died and we weren't really on talking conditions. And no, I don't have anyone that I'm going to the dance with. Yes, I heard about the dance a week ago.'
*S- sent.
*D- delivered.
*R- read.
*T- typing....

A- '.... It's kinda sad that even you heard about the dance before I did.😂 the only reason I know about it now is because Diana woke me up this morning by yelling about it.'

*D- delivered.
*R- read.

G- 'I have to agree. That is kinda sad.'

*D- delivered.

Meanwhile...
Diana and Gilbert's chat..

G- 'diana pick up your phone it's urgent.'

*D- delivered

Anne and Gilbert..

A- 'So how's life on the ferry? Good I hope.'

*D- delivered.
*R- read.

G- 'yeah it's been good. How have you been? I hope Billy and Josie have been keeping their space?'

*D- delivered.

Anne's p.o.v
'It was really nice talking to Gilbert again. And I'm glad he got my letter.' Anne thought as she set down her phone for a bit. 'Maybe I should text Diana.' I thought. And with that she picked up her phone again and opened Diana's contact.

Gilbert's p.o.v
I was sitting there waiting for both of the girls to text me back. Soon I got a ding and it was a message from Diana. I opened it and it read

D- 'What's do urgent? Is everything all right?'
G- 'yeah everything's all right. More than alright actually. I'm coming back and I'll be in town by this afternoon. And me and Anne are friends again. I need you're help with asking Anne to the dance, you in?'

*D- delivered.
*R- read.

Then, as Diana started typing I got a text from Anne.

A- 'I've been alright. Yesterday was the only tough day with them, so it's alright.'

G- 'Im sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better.'

A- 'Im sure it will. We just need to give them time to wrap their heads around the fact that they are the bad ones not me.'

D- 'Of course I'm in, you dork! I knew you liked her since the first day she came. I've been waiting for a moment like this.'

Ok, that's the end of this chapter, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Also, I'm sorry that its been taking me so long to update but I swear if I wasn't a procrastinator this would be so much easier for me😂 also, please read my next authors note that will be coming out shortly and comment! I need your opinions or I probably won't be able to choose.
Bye y'all
~Chloe