5: surprises all around

Anne's p.o.v

It was about noon and I had no plans for today so I decided to text Diana.

A- 'Hey Di. Wanna go to Starbucks?'

*D- delivered
*R- read

D- 'sure. When?'

*R- read

A- 'idk anytime really works for me.'

*D- delivered.

Diana's p.o.v

After I got that text from Anne I decided to text Gilbert and come up with a plan.

D- 'Hey Gilbert I have an idea.'

*D- delivered
*R- read

G- 'ok what is it?'

*R- read

D- 'me and Anne are going to Starbucks at 1:30 today and you are gonna be there. You will wait outside the door with flowers and a note asking her if she will go to the dance with you and when I go to the bathroom you walk in and its go time.'

*D- delivered
*R- read

G- 'that sounds perfect. What's her favorite type of flowers?'

*D- delivered
*R- read

D- 'Sunflowers and water lilies. But don't buy them at a store if you're gonna get them for her, she hates the store bought ones.'

*R- read

G- 'got it. Thanks Diana.'

*D- delivered
*R- read

D- '😉😏'

*R- read

Gilbert's p.o.v
After me and Diana are done texting and I have all the info, I go down to the pond not far from my house to find some water lilies. Its perfect because not far from the pond is where my dad used to plant and take care of sunflowers, so I plan to go there next. Down at the pond, I see the boat that I saved Anne with that one day during sophomore year. I haven't used it since. I decide that I go around the pond in it to make it easier to get the water lilies. When I get in I see Anne's black lace scarf. I wonder how I should give it to her. Maybe I could just hand her it? No. Maybe I could tie it in a bow around the note? No,its to big. Maybe I could tie it around the flowers? Yeah, that's what I'll do. I think as I grab some water lilies for later. Soon enough I get out and show up at the sunflower patch.
Obviously, when I'm there I pick sunflowers. But guess who decided to show up, on their way to Starbucks.

You guessed it. Anne.

I silently curse myself for being so unobserving. "Hi Anne. W-what are you doing?" I say.

Anne's p.o.v
On my way to Starbucks to meet Diana I decide to walk through the sunflower patch I found a couple days ago since its on my way to Starbucks anyway. As I approach the patch, I see the one person I never thought I'd see here.

Gilbert.

He was picking sunflowers, and already had a bouquet of water lilies. Why would he be out picking flowers? My favorite type of flowers? "Hi Anne. W-what are you doing?" Gilbert stuttered...?

"Um I'm going to meet Diana. Why?" I ask him, still wondering why he stuttered earlier. "Uh, no reason really. Other than the fact that i was wondering what you were doing in my sunflower patch." Gilbert told me. "Oh ok. Well I should get going." I say. His sunflower patch?? I think.

Gilbert's p.o.v

Great. What am I supposed to do now? She's leaving. Wait, don't let her leave, stupid blythe!
"Uh A-anne. Um.. Don't- don't leave!" god dammit. Why did I yellllllll!? But, it worked. Anne stopped. Although, she's looking at me like she wants to break another slate over my head. "I-im sorry... I don't know why I yelled. Forgive me?" I ask, hoping she'll talk. "Its fine. I'm in a good mood." Anne replied. "So....." she sayd, making a hand gesture telling me to continue. "O-oh. Right. That. U-um. Oh, nevermind. Just go to Starbucks with Diana." I say, not realizing she never told me that she was going to Starbucks...... Yet.

"How do you know where I'm going?" Anne says, turning towards me now. "U-um. You told m-me earlier." I stutter back, not fully knowing if she did or not. "No. I didn't." she said simply. I didn't know what to say next, so I started arguing. "Yes you did. I remember." I say, knowing full well those words should never have come out of my mouth. "Boys. You'd better be glad that we are partially friends. Otherwise I would crack another slate over your head." Anne says as she starts walking away. "Great." I whisper to myself.

Diana's p.o.v
Where was Anne? And why was she so late? I had already ordered her drink and its been almost 30 minutes since we were supposed to meet. Did she bail on me? No... Anne would never. She's probably just doing chores for Marilla. I think. Not long later, someone bursts through the door, causing me to look in that direction. At first, I thought it would be Anne. Instead, its a cute brunette boy, looking around frantically. "Where's Anne!!?" he yells. As soon as he said this I stand up in my seat and walk over to him. "She was supposed to meet me here almost 30 minutes ago. Why? Who are you?" I ask the mysterious boy. "You mean she didn't show up??" he asked again. "Shit." he said and he turned and walked out of the door. Without even thinking about it, I followed him out. "Hey! Hey who are you?" I ask while running after him. "I'm Jerry. Who are you?" he asked me. "I'm diana, Anne's best friend." I reply.
"Cool. Any idea where Anne would be?" he asked.
"I'll ask her." I say as I pull out my phone.

Jerry's p.o.v

Earlier today I saw Anne leaving, but I never thought to ask where she was going because I didn't think it mattered. Well, about 30 minutes after she left, Matthew had a heart attack. "Marrila! Oh, Marrila! It's Matthew, he's had a heart attack!" I yelled. Go fetch Anne! She went to Starbucks with Diana. Ill get Matthew to the doctor, no go! Tell her its urgent!" Marrila said, following me straight out the door. So this is where I am now, looking for Anne with her best friend Diana. Although Anne always told me how pretty Diana was, I thought she was just being nice, like she was with Ruby. But, Diana was beautiful. "I got it. Anne's at Gilbert's sunflower patch." Diana told me, and then she started leading the way.

Diana's p.o.v

I steal a secret glance up at Jerry. Anne always told me he was disgusting. She could have just told me the truth, and told me that he was cute. Soon enough I get a text from Anne.

A- 'Im at Gilbert's sunflower patch. Why?'

D- 'Im guessing its urgent. Jerry was scared out of his mind looking for you. Btw, stay there, we're on our way.'

Anne's p.o.v

Great I have to spend more time with Gilbert. I hope its not just one of Jerry's pranks that I'm doing this for.

So, I'm super sorry that I haven't posted in some weeks, but with school starting I've been super busy. Anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter, and keep reading my book.
Bye y'all
~chloe